The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Mobile Internet to PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mobile Internet to PC

Post by luvish on Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:28

Hi guys, I want to know how I can use my mobile phone as a modem for internet services. I am using a Samsung Corby Wifi S3653W. And orange sim card.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Re: Mobile Internet to PC

Post by vinesh on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 10:41

You cant because it is not a 3G phone, the samsung corby PRO is the one which can be used as a modem for pc.
Also only 3G phones can be used as modem!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 11:42

vinesh wrote:You cant because it is not a 3G phone, the samsung corby PRO is the one which can be used as a modem for pc.
Also only 3G phones can be used as modem!

No thats not true, my mobile can be a modem, the only problem I face is that I can't get orange APN, Username and password.

And If only 3G mobile can be modems. Can you link to a place where I can get this info?

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 0:37

ok tell me something if the phone is not 3G , even if you connect it as a modem where do you think you will get the internet connection??

For you information the wap or gprs on non 3g phone is not like the internet on pc and is only around 4-30kbit/s

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 9:10

vinesh wrote:ok tell me something if the phone is not 3G , even if you connect it as a modem where do you think you will get the internet connection??

For you information the wap or gprs on non 3g phone is not like the internet on pc and is only around 4-30kbit/s

Its really simple as the internet of my mobile is already activated and as I have an internet package of 150mb.
It should work perfectly.

P.S Any mobile having edge/gprs can be modems with a good internet connection.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Sun 18 Dec 2011 - 0:45

lol you noob or what go read the speed of gprs and come back and tell me tahts its a good connection??

GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a method of enhancing 2G phones to enable them to send and receive data more rapidly. With a GPRS connection, the phone is "always on" and can transfer data immediately, and at higher speeds: typically 32 - 48 kbps. An additional benefit is that data can be transferred at the same time as making a voice call. GPRS is now available on most new phones.

32-48kbit/s, even google.mu may takes over 1.5mins to laod

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top