The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

English League Cup - 2011/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

English League Cup - 2011/12

Post by Shameek on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 8:41

Yes the carling cup night is on friends.... illas-Boas to keep faith in youngsters
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has said that he will stick to his philosophy of playing the club's younger players in their Carling Cup quarter-final against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge. This means that Romelu Lukaku, Josh McEachran and Ryan Bertrand are all likely to get a spot in the starting XI.
Bluebirds eye cupset
Following their recent good form in the Championship, Cardiff City believe they have what it takes to make the Carling Cup semi-finals. They beat Nottingham Forest in the league last time out and host struggling Blackburn in the quarter-finals. Defender Ben Turner said: "I genuinely believe with the squad we have and the way we are playing we will have enough to match them. It should be a good atmosphere, itís a night game and we will be going into it with a lot of confidence."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has challenged his fringe players to show that they have the strength of character to come through Tuesday night's Carling Cup quarter-final against Manchester City at Emirates Stadium.

Wenger admits that he will have to make changes for the visit of the Premier League leaders, with the likes of captain Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey all in the red in terms of match fatigue.The Frenchman, though, feels that on-loan Yossi Benayoun, Emmanuel Frimpong, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Park Chu-young can all rise to the occasion.
Teamsheet

"I believe that some players are on the fringe of being really limited. I will rest some players, but I still want to play a team that has a chance to win the game," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Emmanuel Frimpong will play, but I consider them to be first-team players.

"Park is adapting to the level he is facing here and he has another opportunity against Manchester City tomorrow night to show that he can do it."Yossi has been absolutely fantastic, but we have so much choice in midfield and we play with three strikers.

"The chances for the midfielders are not so big and that is why he has not played as much as he deserves.

"The attitude of all the players that came in has been great, everybody helps focus the team to win and he does that as well."City challenge

City too are likely to make a number of changes, with Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Kolo Toure likely to face their old club on Tuesday.

"What you call a second-string side for Man City still involves some very good players," warned Wenger.

"If you look at the team who played Wolves [in the last round] they still have seven or eight players, who you don't know if they are first or second string.

"The good news for us is that we expect to play against a strong side and that we know we will only go through if we produce a top-class performance. Let's focus on that."

"Every time Arsenal is involved it is our pride and ambition to do well," added the 62-year-old.

"We want to win the match and get through. Therefore, we will try to give absolutely everything.

"It is important for the whole club to show our strengths again."City challenge

City too are likely to make a number of changes, with Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Kolo Toure likely to face their old club on Tuesday.

"What you call a second-string side for Man City still involves some very good players," warned Wenger.

"If you look at the team who played Wolves [in the last round] they still have seven or eight players, who you don't know if they are first or second string.

"The good news for us is that we expect to play against a strong side and that we know we will only go through if we produce a top-class performance. Let's focus on that."

"Every time Arsenal is involved it is our pride and ambition to do well," added the 62-year-old.

"We want to win the match and get through. Therefore, we will try to give absolutely everything.

"It is important for the whole club to show our strengths again." so friends who do you think will qualify for the semis for tonight??Smile

Shameek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Re: English League Cup - 2011/12

Post by Varun on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 21:18

Chelsea, Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers have been eliminated last night paving way for Liverpool, Manchester City and Cardiff City respectively.

Tonight, we'll see Fergie's new breed of fledglings trying to put Crystal Palace away of the competition.

The semi finals should be quite interesting.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 22:40

I'm very excited for the match, will be great to see a completely new team, with lots of changes! I'm keen to know how they will perform today... cheers

I heard that that the youngsters are very talented, specially Ravel Morison, and Paul Pogba. Very Happy

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 23:32

We lost! Sad

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 0:58

FISH! Oh my....
I don't know what to say...Sad

I was really not waiting for that result.

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 23:46

It's a forgotten story now. It's time to focus on this now.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 0:13

hmm.... focus on what? confused

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 20:46

Varun wrote:It's a forgotten story now. It's time to focus on this now.
Prithvi wrote:hmm.... focus on what? confused
I'm sorry, I linked the wrong URL. Here it is anyway: http://varunramburn.topic-board.com/t505-english-fa-cup-2011-12

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:55

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top