The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Apple's Siri is the Birth of Star Trek's Computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apple's Siri is the Birth of Star Trek's Computer

Post by vinesh on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 23:40

Announced today, the Siri functionality introduced in the iPhone 4S is the stuff of science fiction. Just watch the video above and tell me that isn't something that you would have seen just recently from a science fiction move or TV show.

While skeptics can say it's just a canned video, the early hands-on impressions from today say that it works pretty much as advertised. This is remarkable, and easily explains why Apple paid more than $200 million for the company behind this technology.

Apple's product progression is mirroring what we've seen for decades in Star Trek. There was the PADD, which is what we have today in the iPad and other tablets. Now we have Siri, which lets us query for information using natural language.

Check this out:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Re: Apple's Siri is the Birth of Star Trek's Computer

Post by Varun on Sun 16 Oct 2011 - 0:09

It seems like the day when robots (machines) would challenge humans isn't that far away.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:24

indeed robots are making their way... hope they come after i have died xD... i dont want to see that day,,.,

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 12:39

If this invention is similar to what we had seen in Star Trek, then I guess most of the gadgets in science fiction movies will turn out to be real one day. For example, the car of the movie Back To The Future or even the robots of I, Robot. lol!

Well, it's just the start, I wonder what else is coming our way... Shocked

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 1:04

In my opinion, The Matrix is another example.

If I'm not mistaken, Isaac Asimov wrote a book on this matter but I can't remember the title.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 22:02

What did Isaac Asimov write? I never heard of him before. confused

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawan on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 22:07

saa waii tro tro ssaa!! pou nouel mo dad p donne moi 1 la!!

Pawan
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top