The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Blitz Vibes Radio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blitz Vibes Radio

Post by luvish on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 19:24

Hi there. I present to you my online radio and would be glad if you could like my page on Facebook.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blitz-Vibes-Radio-BVR/230264446990622

Also check out my online radio Here

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Re: Blitz Vibes Radio

Post by Varun on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 19:30

It would be nice if you could tell us more about it. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 22:33

Can i get details about what is the codec used and also the bitrate at which you are broadcasting.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:24

Varun wrote:It would be nice if you could tell us more about it. Wink

The radio consist of an online radio and videos and podcast. And the radio was created by me and some friends.
The online radio is for music sharing. And the videos and podcast for humouristic purposes.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:28

Do you have the necessary legal attributes to do that?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:32

vinesh wrote:Can i get details about what is the codec used and also the bitrate at which you are broadcasting.
I'm using mp3 codec. And also the bitrate is 128kbps.

Varun wrote:Do you have the necessary legal attributes to do that?
The server on which I host gives me all the right to broadcast the music.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:36

I am talking about legal rights, that is, rights from the various concerned authorities in Mauritius.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:38

Varun wrote:I am talking about legal rights, that is, rights from the various concerned authorities in Mauritius.

What type of authorities?

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:42

One example is the Independent Broadcasting Authority.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:45

Varun wrote:One example is the Independent Broadcasting Authority.

Hmm, its a net radio and a home made one. Its not like a a public radio.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:49

Is it like you can control who can access your radio and who can't?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:53

Varun wrote:Is it like you can control who can access your radio and who can't?

I can't really control the person who access my radio but I have a limit(only 1000 listeners).
And they can't get access until they get the link to the radio.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:54

That means it is a public radio.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:55

Varun wrote:That means it is a public radio.

Sort of.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:58

If your radio starts to attract the attention of the masses then may get in trouble with the concerned authorities for not being legal.

That said, I'm not too sure I am 100% right. Embarassed

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 20:02

Varun wrote:If your radio starts to attract the attention of the masses then may get in trouble with the concerned authorities for not being legal.

That said, I'm not too sure I am 100% right. Embarassed

Maybe what you are saying is true but I need to start somewhere.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 20:10

Of course, you should start somewhere but don't do it in a way that may get yourself in trouble. Take some time to gather the necessary information about legal rights and all.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 20:33

Varun you have the right to do these kind of radio stations!! Just check out shoutcast.com millions of radio stations there and over millions of listeners. All of it legal.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 20:36

You cannot broadcast any copyrighted song just like that. Have a look at an original music CD and you'll see something like the following:
Unauthorized copying, reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this recording is prohibited.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 21:12

vinesh wrote:Varun you have the right to do these kind of radio stations!! Just check out shoutcast.com millions of radio stations there and over millions of listeners. All of it legal.
Those radios you are mentioning may be doing that illegally and the day they are caught red-handed, there will be legal procedures. We're only helping you luvish, don't take it otherwise. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 22:23

It depends on what you're broadcasting. If you're broadcasting performances that are out of copyright (public domain) or you're casting material whose copyright holders allow you to do this kind of activity, you're fine.

Keep in mind that you're treading on legal thin ice if you're casting copyright-protected content from major record labels. Example: casting the latest album of Lady GaGa without an appropriate license and without paying royalties can be illegal. Some people do it and don't land in trouble because their radio does not attract lots of listeners and do not cause a perceived "profit loss" by the record labels. Would Universal Music go after you because you have a radio station that gets listened to by 50 people? Unlikely I'd say but they can shake you down if they want to. To be in the clear you must obtain your music legally and pay royalties and/or get the appropriate license. Or you can cast your own original creations or cast performances by artists who allow their work to be broadcast without royalties etc.

A few years ago, Radio Moris landed in some legal matters initiated by MASA. If I remember well, they were casting sega without paying MASA fees. As far as I remmeber, nothing was done because the server streaming the content was outside Mauritius, hence outside the jurisdiction of Mauritius courts.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 23:09

By seeing your comments, i wonder why you guys download pirated stuffs from torrents that most illegal!!!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 10:24

Vinesh on one hand you have the download of material for personal consumption.

On the other hand you have redistribution of copyrighted material to a broad audience.

Guess which one makes the industry more upset :-)

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 10:49

lol what you guys cant understand is that there are tons of radio there with millions of listeners every day broadcasting copyrighted materials for over 3 years now and hasnt got any problem. There is no way a simple radio which cant even support over 1000 users be the concern of authorities. These kind of webradio is virtually invisible on the internet.

You guys uses pirated copy of windows and crack versions of games. Tell me how can you think this is less damaging to the industry than broadcasting songs on a radio where all of them are already available for free on youtube????

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 13:55

Vinesh, you should re-read what I wrote earlier. Does it occur to you that the most popular streaming stations out there actually have a license and are paying royalties to cast?

The reasons why streaming stations don't get into legal trouble are various. They are too insignificant or they are located in countries which do not care much or they're casting content whose copyright holders don't really care.

Also, please do not assume everyone on this board uses a pirated copy of Windows. As far as youtube is concerned, I guess you never came across a song that was replaced with a youtube placeholder saying "This video contains content from EMI and was blocked on copyright grounds"?

I am not discussing whether its right or wrong. I am about whether it might be against the law or not.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by luvish on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 19:12

Hmmm, I agree that there are some legal matters in me broadcasting songs from artists but I have the right to broadcast these song as the server/host on which I broadcast have the rights.

luvish
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 19:30

simpleguy wrote: As far as youtube is concerned, I guess you never came across a song that was replaced with a youtube placeholder saying "This video contains content from EMI and was blocked on copyright grounds"?

And you will see the song being reuploaded in a few secs by various uploaders!!

Am out of here. All i can say is that all of you are just people who are way too scared of the law and dont really know how things works on the net. You know that you can go to prison by just using a copy of windows but still everyone use it have you ever wondered why??

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 21:50

Once again, you need to stop assuming everyone uses a pirated version of Windows. You have completely missed the whole point of the thread. It was about whether it was legal to run a streaming radio station on the Internet. I explained when it was illegal and when it was not and when you *could* land into trouble. The whole thread went over your head or you were not paying attention.

Luvish, if you're using a legit streaming service that provides you a large collection of content for which they have paid royalties or have rights to, go ahead and enjoy!

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top