The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Evergreen Bollywood Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evergreen Bollywood Music

Post by Varun on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 1:04

I don't know what to entitle this topic. I just went on YouTube and enjoyed some good old Bollywood music by Kishore Kumar and Mohammed Rafi and I felt like being in another world.

Should we go for "Kishore Kumar vs. Mohammed Rafi" with a poll or "Old is Gold - Bollywood Music"?

In the meantime, put everything else aside and enjoy... Smile

Kishore Kumar - O Mere Dil Ke Chain (OST - Mere Jeevan Saathi)

Mohammed Rafi - Badi Mastani Hain (OST - Jeena Ki Raah)

Last edited by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:00; edited 1 time in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Re: Evergreen Bollywood Music

Post by Prithvi on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 20:15

I think it should "Old is Gold - Bollywood"! cheers

Comparing between 2 great singers, Kishore and Rafi, would be as if humiliating their unique talents!

Hmm.. it seems like you are pretty well acquainted to the various oldies! How about sharing some more such wonderful pieces of the 2 legendary singers?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by shine076 on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 21:06

I agree with prithvi we can't compare two greats singers Wink As the saying goes "Old is Gold", opt for "Old is Gold" Wink

shine076
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 21:38

I agree with Prithvi and Miss Shine076.

This one is Shailendra singh. He was also good.

P.S: Miss Shine 076 could you please introduce yourself..

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 23:17

I would suggest "Old is Gold - Bollywood Music" because there were other singers which were as good as Kishore Kumar or Mohammad Rafi such as Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh Chand Mathur (famously known as Mukesh), Manna Dey, etc...

On that note, enjoy one of my favourite songs of Mukesh.

Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein (OST - Kabhi Kabhie)

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 0:01

Sneha this one is just too good. old memories associated with it. Wink

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 13:47

Prithvi wrote:I think it should "Old is Gold - Bollywood"! cheers

Comparing between 2 great singers, Kishore and Rafi, would be as if humiliating their unique talents!
shine076 wrote:I agree with prithvi we can't compare two greats singers Wink As the saying goes "Old is Gold", opt for "Old is Gold" Wink
Vishaan wrote:I agree with Prithvi and Miss Shine076.
Sneha wrote:I would suggest "Old is Gold - Bollywood Music" because there were other singers which were as good as Kishore Kumar or Mohammad Rafi such as Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh Chand Mathur (famously known as Mukesh), Manna Dey, etc...
Isn't "Evergreen Bollywood Music" a better one or do you still prefer "Old is Gold - Bollywood Music"?

shine076 wrote:
Also, I'm not too sure this one goes down as an evergreen song but I reckon that this topic is a subjective one.

On another note, I would like to request you to put the artist name, the music title and the movie title as caption below the video.

Last edited by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:20; edited 1 time in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 13:55

Both titles actually suits these songs.
But I would prefer 'Evergreen Bollywood Music'.
Because at some point of life the present songs of bollywood will become old too. I personally like very few of these new songs. Hence I consider the songs above as evergreen. Smile

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 13:59

Sneha wrote:

This one was awesome!

Vishaan wrote:Sneha this one is just too good. old memories associated with it. Wink
What are you waiting for to tell us more about them? Very Happy

Vishaan wrote:Both titles actually suits these songs.
But I would prefer 'Evergreen Bollywood Music'.
Because at some point of life the present songs of bollywood will become old too. I personally like very few of these new songs. Hence I consider the songs above as evergreen. Smile
Done! Smile

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:07

Thanks. Smile
About memories, well it reminds me days when my father used to sit on the sofa watching over me if am studying or not. He used to make me recite multiplications. At times he would listen to songs from the sofa and watching me.
I was only waiting when he would doze off and I would sneak into the kitchen or my room to get a break.
Each time I would be sitting for reciting, the song 'Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil mein' was played on radio.

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:21

Prithvi wrote:Hmm.. it seems like you are pretty well acquainted to the various oldies! How about sharing some more such wonderful pieces of the 2 legendary singers?
Here you are, boy...

Kishore Kumar - Mere Mehboob (OST - Mr. X in Bombay)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 14:25

Wonderful song.
This song reminds me of an Uncle who was living near our house. Its been 3 years he passed away. It was one of his favorite songs which he used to sing after taking some drinks.

Kishore Kumar -Jeevan Ke Safar Mein Rahi (OST - Munimji)

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 21:39

Nice one, Vishaan. Smile

You know, I have spent my whole weekend looking for and listening to Kishore Kumar and Mohammed Rafi songs.

Here's another one which I like...

Kishore Kumar - Meri Bheegi Bheegi Si (OST - Anamika)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 21:53

Vishaan wrote:Sneha this one is just too good. old memories associated with it. Wink
Varun wrote:
Sneha wrote:

This one was awesome!
Thank you, guys. Smile

By the way, I really liked all the videos all you people have posted so far. I guess that's why the title suits well the topic: "Evergreen Bollywood Music"

Oh and I would love to share this classical song with you.

Lata Mangeshkar - Chalte Chalte (OST - Pakeezah)
You know, even in the 90's we have had immortal songs like the one below.

A. R. Rahman - Dil Se Re (OST - Dil Se)

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 23:12

Simply speechless about all these sweet tunes.. I'm damn eager to listen to them whenever these songs are played on radios..always upto to increase the volume. However, since i didn't know the names well, i couldn't download them. Thank you guys!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 20:00

I really enjoy these songs. But my favourite remains 'Chhalia' (Dum dum diga diga..mausam bhiga bhiga). My Grandpa used to sang this song and I used to dance on it.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 23:20

Nusha, I think each one of us will appreciate it if you could embed the video as in the example below instead of simply sharing the music title. Smile

Bhupinder Singh - Kabhi Kisi Ko Muqammal Jahan Nahin Milta (OST - Ahista Ahista)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 20:03

I dedicate this song to my Grandpa....

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 20:54

Dats really nice song Nusha, but you havent mention about the movie, singer and the song below the video.. Rolling Eyes

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 20:10

Varun wrote:

Bhupinder Singh - Kabhi Kisi Ko Muqammal Jahan Nahin Milta (OST - Ahista Ahista)
I love this song. It's relaxing especially if you listen to it late at night when everywhere is calm...

Nusha wrote:

I dedicate this song to my Grandpa....
Whereas this song is nice to revive the spirits when you come tired from work. Smile

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 23:32

Sneha wrote:
You know, even in the 90's we have had immortal songs like the one below.

A. R. Rahman - Dil Se Re (OST - Dil Se)
That was A. R. Rahman at his very best. I love it! Very Happy

Ages ago, Bappi Lahiri used to rock Bollywood with his high voltage music. Enjoy... Smile

Bappi Lahiri - Yaad Aa Raha Hai (OST - Disco Dancer)

Bappi Lahiri featuring S. Janaki - Yaar Bina Chain Kahan Re (OST - Saaheb)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Sat 9 Jul 2011 - 21:41

NUsha wrote:
Well Vishaan, I think the name of the fim is Chhalia and the song was sung by Mukesh Smile

This is also one of my favourite which was sung by Chitra Smile

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 14:39

Neither "Dum Dum Deega Deega" nor "Chup Tum Raho, Chup Hum Rahein" appeal to my taste but I love Chitra's (K. S. Chithra, not to be confused with Chitra Singh) voice. There's one song which I really appreciate from that lady but I'm not too sure if that can go down as an evergreen song. Anyway, listen to it and tell me what you think.

Abhijeet & Chitra - Pyaar Humko Hone Laga (OST - Tum Bin)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 15:00

Loooooooooool, Varun share the history behind this song. Am sure everybody would enjoy it. Smile
Thanks to Varun, I also do enjoy this song from Tum Bin movie.

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 20:28

Varun wrote:Ages ago, Bappi Lahiri used to rock Bollywood with his high voltage music. Enjoy... Smile

Bappi Lahiri - Yaad Aa Raha Hai (OST - Disco Dancer)

Bappi Lahiri featuring S. Janaki - Yaar Bina Chain Kahan Re (OST - Saaheb)
Mo bien kontan Bappi Lahiri so bann santer high voltage. Zot ti vraimen different des autres genres de chansons. Tro bon!

Nusha wrote:
This is also one of my favourite which was sung by Chitra Smile
I have liked most of Chithra's song till now but this one, not really.

Varun wrote:Neither "Dum Dum Deega Deega" nor "Chup Tum Raho, Chup Hum Rahein" appeal to my taste but I love Chitra's (K. S. Chithra, not to be confused with Chitra Singh) voice. There's one song which I really appreciate from that lady but I'm not too sure if that can go down as an evergreen song. Anyway, listen to it and tell me what you think.

Abhijeet & Chitra - Pyaar Humko Hone Laga (OST - Tum Bin)
You made me discover this song and I love to listen to it from time to time. Smile I guess, in 20 years, this can be an evergreen song.

Vishaan wrote:Loooooooooool, Varun share the history behind this song. Am sure everybody would enjoy it. Smile
What story, boy? Suspect

By the way, listen to one of my favourite ghazals.

Jagjit Singh - Tum Ko Dekha To Yeh Khayal (OST - Saath Saath)

I don't know about the video, but the soundtrack is so romantic.

Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai (OST - Rocky)

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 16:17

Wowwww, Sneha your taste for bollywood songs and mine do really match.
Awesome songs.
Really love the one from Movie Rocky.

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 23:41

Yeah, awesome indeed.

On that note, here's another awesome performance from my favourite singer, Kishore Kumar...

Kishore Kumar - Kabhi Palkon Pe Aansoo Hai (OST - Harjaee)
By the way, I also got the following piece of note along with that clip:

Kishore Kumar married four times. His first wife was Ruma Guha Thakurta aka Ruma Ghosh. Their marriage lasted from 1950 to 1958. Kishore Kumar's second wife was the famous actress Madhubala, who had worked with him on many films including his home production Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958). When Kishore Kumar proposed to her, Madhubala was sick and was planning to go to London for treatment. She didn't know about the condition that she was suffering from, and her father wanted her to wait and consult the London doctors first. Nevertheless, Madhubala married Kishore Kumar in 1960. Madhubala was a MUSLIM, and the two had a civil marriage,.

His family was against the marriage, and the couple also had a Hindu marriage to please them, but Madhubala was not accepted by them. The doctors in London told Madhubala that she would not live for long. The marriage lasted for 9 years, and ended with Madhubala's death on February 23, 1969. Kishore Kumar's third marriage was to Yogeeta Bali, and lasted from 1976 to August 4, 1978. Kishore Kumar was married to Leena Chandavarkar from 1980 until his death.

Kishore Kumar had two sons, Amit Kumar (playback singer) with Ruma, and Sumit Kumar with Leena Chandavarkar.

Kishore Kumar is said to have been paranoid about not being paid.During recordings, he would begin singing only after his secretary confirmed that the producer had made the payment.Once, when he discovered that his dues hadn't been fully paid, he landed up for shooting with make-up on only one side of his face. When the director questioned him, he replied "Aadha paisa to aadha make-up." (Half make-up for half payment). On the sets of Bhai Bhai, Kishore Kumar refused to act because the director M V Raman owed him five thousand rupees. His brother Ashok Kumar persuaded him to do the scene. But, when the shooting started, he walked across the floor and, each time he walked a few places, he said, "Paanch Hazzar Rupaiya," (five thousand rupees) and did a somersault. After he reached the end of the floor, he went out of the studio, jumped into his car, and ordered his driver Abdul to drive away.

On another occasion, when the producer R. C. Talwar did not pay his dues in spite of repeated reminders, Kishore Kumar turned up at Talwar's residence one morning and started shouting "Hey Talwar, de de mere aath hazaar" ("Hey Talwar, give me my eight thousand"). He did this every morning for a few days, until Talwar paid him.

The film Anand (1971) was originally supposed to star Kishore Kumar and Mehmood in the lead roles. One of the producers of the film, N.C. Sippy, had earlier served as Mehmood's production manager. Hrishikesh Mukherjee, the director of the film, was asked to meet Kishore Kumar to discuss the project. However, when he went to Kishore Kumar's house, he was driven away by the gatekeeper due to a misunderstanding. Kishore Kumar (himself a Bengali) had done a stage show organized by another Bengali man, and he was involved in a fight with this man over money matters. He had instructed his gatekeeper to drive away this "Bengali", if he ever visited the house. When Hrishikesh Mukherjee (another Bengali) went to Kishore Kumar's house, the gatekeeper drove him away, mistaking him for the "Bengali" that Kishore Kumar had asked him to drive away. Consequently, Mehmood had to leave the film as well, and new actors (Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan) were signed up for the film.

In spite of his "no money, no work" principle, sometimes Kishore Kumar recorded for free even when the producers were willing to pay. He recorded for free, for some films produced by Rajesh Khanna and Danny Denzongpa.On one occasion, Kishore Kumar helped actor-turned-producer Bipin Gupta, by giving him Rs. 20,000 for the film Dal Mein Kala (1964). When the little-known actor Arun Kumar Mukherjee died, Kishore Kumar regularly sent money to his family in Bhagalpur. Mukherjee was one of the first persons to appreciate Kishore's singing talent.

Last edited by Varun on Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 0:08; edited 1 time in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 14:17

It's nice to know this part of Kishore Kumar which I wasn't aware of, honey, and I like that song too. I love you

Vishaan wrote:Wowwww, Sneha your taste for bollywood songs and mine do really match.
Awesome songs.
Really love the one from Movie Rocky.
Thanks, Vishaan. Smile

I was indifferent to a song until I heard it being sung by a professional musician performing karaoke in a wedding ceremony of one of my cousins'. Since then, I'm totally charmed by the song and I want to share it with you, guys.

Lata Mangeshkar - Yeh Sama, Sama Hai Yeh Pyar Ka (OST - Jab Jab Phool Khile)

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 22:51

That was a nice one, sweetheart. Smile

Moments earlier, I listened to the following song on the radio and I thought it would fit very well in this topic. However, my foremost reason to post it here is you, Sneha. I dedicate it to you and only you...

Mohammed Rafi - Maine Chaand Se Poocha (OST - Abdullah)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 23:09

Sneha wrote:
Vishaan wrote:Loooooooooool, Varun share the history behind this song. Am sure everybody would enjoy it. Smile
What story, boy? Suspect

Varun, you missed this part I think. XD

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 27 Jul 2011 - 23:11

She was addressing to you.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Thu 28 Jul 2011 - 20:58

Movie - Muquaddar ka sikander
Song - Salaam-e-ishq

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 22:18

Varun wrote:That was a nice one, sweetheart. Smile

Moments earlier, I listened to the following song on the radio and I thought it would fit very well in this topic. However, my foremost reason to post it here is you, Sneha. I dedicate it to you and only you...

Mohammed Rafi - Maine Chaand Se Poocha (OST - Abdullah)
When you do things like this, my heart beats faster. I'm proud to be yours, darling.

I don't like Zeenat Aman's (the actress in the video) acting too much but I must admit she was good in this music video.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 23:30

Sneha wrote:When you do things like this, my heart beats faster. I'm proud to be yours, darling.
I love you

Last night, I heard the following song on radio and today I have hummed it all day at work. Beware that it may bring tears to your eyes.

Kishore Kumar - Kheeza Ke Phool Pe Aati Kabhie (OST - Do Raaste)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 20:49

I like Kishore Kumar's songs but I don't really appreciate the one you posted just above, Varun baby. It saddens me and I hate Rajesh Khanna.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 16 Oct 2011 - 0:21

In Rajesh Khanna style... Kyun re?

What amazes me in that clip isn't the video at all but the song. Just imagine how hard has it been for Kishore Kumar to have sung it. If the lyrics are read they seem quite difficult to make it melodious when singing but the singer has done it and he made it look so easy. In my opinion, had the background music been inexistant, the song would have been equally superb as it is in the clip.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top