The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

"Don't Judge Me"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Don't Judge Me"

There's one phrase which I hear and see a lot these days and it's:

Some days ago, a now ex-friend of mine posted something on her Facebook Wall. I responded to that post with a critical point of view and all I got as a reply was "don't judge me" and she later even unfriended me. I don't know if she took that for an attack but for sure she has assumed judgement when it was not at all intended.

I sincerely think some people can't differentiate between an opinion and a judgement. So, what do people really mean when they exclaim "don't judge me"? To my understanding that means:
It's fine if you choose a different path as long as you don't say yours is better.
or

It's fine if you choose a different path as long as you don't convince me to adopt yours.
In my belief, that's called debating or discussing but certainly not judging. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I don't have esteem for you or I hate you. With all due respect to someone's personality, I guess you and I have the right to at least voice out our opinions on a particular topic.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

"Don't Judge Me" :: Comments

Post on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 21:53 by Kavi

To me, its :

"Why caring about me?"

As simple as that :X

For example, a person trying out for the very first time something he or she found in interesting would usually say "Don't judge me" as perhaps, he/she either knows that what she is doing is absurd or he/she might fail in doing so and to avoid any sort of awkwardness, the latter exclaims "Don't judge me".

Its just an anecdote, try to understand what I'm conveying.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 22:27 by Vishaan

To me it means: You dont have to say that am this and that because you got no right.
E.g: You are a spoil brat.
By saying Dont judge me, will mean: You dont have the right to say so because you dont know me.

Thats what I actually understand from it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 23:15 by Varun

Kavi wrote:To me, its :

"Why caring about me?"

As simple as that :X

For example, a person trying out for the very first time something he or she found in interesting would usually say "Don't judge me" as perhaps, he/she either knows that what she is doing is absurd or he/she might fail in doing so and to avoid any sort of awkwardness, the latter exclaims "Don't judge me".

Its just an anecdote, try to understand what I'm conveying.
I don't think all those exclaiming "don't judge me" do it with a smile. Suspect

Vishaan wrote:To me it means: You dont have to say that am this and that because you got no right.
By saying Dont judge me, will mean: You dont have the right to say so because you dont know me.

That's what I meant but what I want to know is what you think about such a behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 20:43 by Jeet

hmmm, i better have to do some thinking here, pane tro compren!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 20:50 by Prithvi

hmmm.. what I've understood so far is that Varun was her friend when he passed his suggestion. So where does " Don't judge me" come from?
I mean he was his friend and he has all the rights to do that!
That's not an opinion or any such like a judgement!

Firstly : You try to do something good in favour of the person with a view to correct him/her. The latter is not interested meaning that he/she is a great dubboo!
That's why maybe these days we have so many crimes in our societies, these barbarians don't listen to good advice!

That's it and they do whatever they like to!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 20:03 by Vishaan

Varun wrote:
Vishaan wrote:To me it means: You dont have to say that am this and that because you got no right.

That's what I meant but what I want to know is what you think about such a behaviour.

Such behaviour, most probably we have to understand the person. Maybe he/she is frustrated or disturbed so just venting anger.

But personally I would piss off over such reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 21:33 by Kavi

Rightly said Vishaan.

Varun, I never mentioned that they would be smiling while saying so -.-'
You might have wrongly understood my explanation. Anyways, Vishaan somehow conveyed what I wanted to say.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 0:08 by Varun

So, do you all, like me, condemn such a behaviour?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 10:53 by Prithvi

hmm... On my part, I completely condemn such an act!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 29 Jun 2011 - 19:25 by Jeet

now got you guys, well, am with ya, we should condemn such behaviours!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 20:22 by Nusha

I would rather say "DON'T JUDGE ME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME".

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 20:37 by Varun

Did you mean "don't give opinions if you don't know me" instead? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 3 Jul 2011 - 23:00 by Sneha

In my eyes, such a behaviour is equal to unlogical thinking and an introvert personality who doesn't want to be criticized. Therefore, a better way to elude an opinion which he/she hasn't been able to assimilate is to say: "Don't Judge Me"

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 17:08 by Nusha

A good judgement would be to critically analyse a person's behaviour and then conclude. During the analysis phase we get to know the person. Therefore get to know the person first before categorising his qualities into good and bad.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 4 Jul 2011 - 19:53 by Varun

That's exactly what I did. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Today at 5:55 by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum