The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Overlord-PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overlord-PC

Post by visham on Tue 4 Jan 2011 - 11:42

Bon... pa pu fr 1 tas grimace Smile Sel raison li apel Overlord-PC, c akz mo laptop apel Overlord-Laptop Razz

Built in January 2008 when I used to play up to 18 hours a day. Parts were originally selected to fit into a Thermaltake LANBOX Lite which I used to carry around to LAN parties etc, and later transferred to the current chassis.

Nowadays, it's a little more than a glorified HDTV/PVR. Badly needs a DX11-capable GPU + new power supply + more RAM for upcoming games. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with overall performance.

Specs:

Benchmarks:

Screenshots:
GRID - All in-game settings maxed out

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game Performance

System temps (~3 hours of Black Ops)

System pic... Avec bean bag pu gard mo F bien rond during long hours of gaming Razz

Baz get fim. Rear satellites fairly well-positioned behind blinds for surround effect

Last edited by visham on Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 0:58; edited 5 times in total

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Overlord-PC

Post by Naz on Tue 4 Jan 2011 - 14:10

topo man... very original lOl..

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 4 Jan 2011 - 19:26

I got 7.2 on Windows Experience Index for my overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. How come you got a better score than mine with that same CPU at its stock settings, visham?

The Thermaltake V9 is a very good-looking chassis. I sincerely think it would have been better showcased had it been placed on a desk. The Logitech X-530 are wall-mountable speakers. Why do you ill-treat them behind the curtains?

Also, how come there's no mention of your storage system(s)? Besides, with such a decent cooling system, why don't you give us some feedbacks in terms of temperatures and noise levels? Moreover, I'm sure everybody would have loved to see the interior of your computer.

Finally, I wish I had such a couch for watching movies on my PC. It looks so comfortable.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Tue 4 Jan 2011 - 23:38

Varun wrote:I got 7.2 on Windows Experience Index for my overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. How come you got a better score than mine with that same CPU at its stock settings, visham?

The Thermaltake V9 is a very good-looking chassis. I sincerely think it would have been better showcased had it been placed on a desk. The Logitech X-530 are wall-mountable speakers. Why do you ill-treat them behind the curtains?

Also, how come there's no mention of your storage system(s)? Besides, with such a decent cooling system, why don't you give us some feedbacks in terms of temperatures and noise levels? Moreover, I'm sure everybody would have loved to see the interior of your computer.

Finally, I wish I had such a couch for watching movies on my PC. It looks so comfortable.

Cher missier sans comprend, Razz

1. No idea, probably having a good day Razz
2. I prefer to have a uncluttered desk. Tends to get pretty ugly during school days + I'm not into showing off Smile
3. For the same reason to ena 1 full-frontal setup - convenience. Works fine though
4. Internal : 1TB Samsumg HD103UI 5400rpm SATA 32MB (secondary), 160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 8MB SATA (primary) External : 1 TB WD Elements

Noise levels are what i consider 'acceptable'. The V9 has a relatively open chassis, with very little sound dampening properties due to perforated surfaces almost everywhere for better airflow. There's a constant 'hum' coming from the chassis which disappears once I turn on the music or TV. Might post temps later on.

'Internals', kuma in fr twa cmpren, can't be arsed Razz

5. Razz

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 1:00

visham wrote:2. I prefer to have a uncluttered desk. Tends to get pretty ugly during school days + I'm not into showing off Smile
Well, if a neat environment equates to showing off then... Shocked

visham wrote:3. For the same reason to ena 1 full-frontal setup - convenience. Works fine though
Doesn't the placement of your rear speakers affect your listening experience and/or the sound quality?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 1:09

Well, if a neat environment equates to showing off then...

I believe in having the right setup for my needs/taste. As you can see, I try to keep my junk (plushies, printer etc) away from my working area. All I really need is my keyboard/mouse/screen.

Doesn't the placement of your rear speakers affect your listening experience and/or the sound quality?

No. These are 'blinds' which, as opposed to 'curtains,' have hard surfaces and empty spaces between each insert, allowing the sound waves to pass through without any significant dampening. The speakers sound the same whether I have the blinds covering them or not Smile

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Last played:

http://www.last.fm/user/vishxxx

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 12:55

visham wrote:Bon... pa pu fr 1 tas grimace Smile Sel raison li apel Overlord-PC, c akz mo laptop apel Overlord-Laptop Razz
Kifer to laptop apel Overlord-Laptop alor? Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:07

Ti adopter sa nom la lepok ti p enkor zuer Starcraft (1st gen). Overlord c ene ban flying units kan to zuer kuma Zergs

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 9:05

System Temps monitored for about 3 hours while playing CoD:Black Ops. In-game GPU usage oscillates between 95-100%, except during pre-rendered cut-scenes.

Room Temp ~ 32 Degrees (digital thermometer)

FANIN0 = CPU fan
FANIN1 = PSU fan

Case fan speeds vary based on PSU load/temp but cannot be monitored.

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 14:04

visham wrote:FANIN0 = CPU fan
FANIN1 = PSU fan

Case fan speeds vary based on PSU load/temp but cannot be monitored.

You simply cannot monitor the fan speed of your power supply unit on your operating system. That's because a monitoring utility software uses results obtained from the sensor(s) on the motherboard. The only way to do it is to mod the power supply unit to make its fan connect direct on the motherboard, which I doubt you would do. Also, the only power supply units which can be monitored by software to date are the Gigabyte Odin GT series. So, as a matter of fact, FANIN1 should be your chassis fan(s), the Antec Spot Cool and/or the PCI slot exhaust fan.

On another note, I would like to humbly request you to update your review by editing your initial post, not by posting a reply. However, you can post a notice for your update as a reply to let others know about it. This would make your initial post as a complete and well updated review.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 14:33

You simply cannot monitor the fan speed of your power supply unit on your operating system. That's because a monitoring utility software uses results obtained from the sensor(s) on the motherboard. The only way to do it is to mod the power supply unit to make its fan connect direct on the motherboard, which I doubt you would do. Also, the only power supply units which can be monitored by software to date are the Gigabyte Odin GT series. So, as a matter of fact, FANIN1 should be your chassis fan(s), the Antec Spot Cool and/or the PCI slot exhaust fan.

Sorry mais MO PSU ena ene 3 pin fan connector, ki MWA in hookup lor MO motherboard kot sipozer hookup the so-called system fan. Alor FANIN1 is indeed MY bloody PSU fan Razz

My other fans use regular 4 pin molex connectors, which are hooked to the PSU via a 'fan only' cable whose voltage is varied based on PSU load/temp. These fan speeds cannot be monitored.

Note: It's actually an Antec Truepower Trio 430W, not an Earthwatts EA430 (no idea why I was thinking about that particular PSU while writing the initial post up) Specs Updated.

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 15:47

visham wrote:Note: It's actually an Antec Truepower Trio 430W, not an Earthwatts EA430 (no idea why I was thinking about that particular PSU while writing the initial post up) Specs Updated.
Fuck you! Mad

Below is what I was about to post before noticing what I quoted from you above...

I'm still not convinced, buddy. Your power supply unit, as you stated, is an Antec Earthwatts EA430. The cooling fan which comes that particular PSU is an ADDA AD0812HS-A70GL, which has only red and black coloured wires as shown in the first image below, i.e., it has only a 2-pin power connector. In other words, you cannot monitor that type of fan.

Also, ADDA specifies that the AD0812HS-A70GL has a rated speed of 3,000 RPM. So, with a 2-pin power connector than fan will only run at 3,000 RPM. Now, if that fan was to run at around 1,000 RPM as you have shown for FANINI, it would simply be unsufficient to cool that PSU considering its small size of 80 mm x 80 mm x 25 mm.

Now, the only way for you to prove what you have said earlier would be with images of your computer's interior, which you have been reluctant to provide so far.
That said, I really want to see your computer's interior.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 15:53

Varun wrote:
visham wrote:Note: It's actually an Antec Truepower Trio 430W, not an Earthwatts EA430 (no idea why I was thinking about that particular PSU while writing the initial post up) Specs Updated.
Fuck you! Mad

Below is what I was about to post before noticing what I quoted from you above...

I'm still not convinced, buddy. Your power supply unit, as you stated, is an Antec Earthwatts EA430. The cooling fan which comes that particular PSU is an ADDA AD0812HS-A70GL, which has only red and black coloured wires as shown in the first image below, i.e., it has only a 2-pin power connector. In other words, you cannot monitor that type of fan.

Also, ADDA specifies that the AD0812HS-A70GL has a rated speed of 3,000 RPM. So, with a 2-pin power connector than fan will only run at 3,000 RPM. Now, if that fan was to run at around 1,000 RPM as you have shown for FANINI, it would simply be unsufficient to cool that PSU considering its small size of 80 mm x 80 mm x 25 mm.

Now, the only way for you to prove what you have said earlier would be with images of your computer's interior, which you have been reluctant to provide so far.
That said, I really want to see your computer's interior.

LOL.. it was an honest mistake Razz So yeah, Antec Truepower Trio 430w with fan connector Razz

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 19:02

PC monstre...

Gears..... no comments... [Razer Mamba !!!]

Nice....

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 20:59

visham wrote:LOL.. it was an honest mistake Razz So yeah, Antec Truepower Trio 430w with fan connector Razz
That's an awesome feature... Wink

I would love to see more power supply unit manufacturers implementing it in their products.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 0:59

Kavi wrote:PC monstre...

Gears..... no comments... [Razer Mamba !!!]

Nice....

Ti blier azut mousepad, Razer Goliathus Control Edition Razz

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 20:14

Your review only lack some images of the interior and exterior of your computer now. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 1:09

Varun wrote:Your review only lack some images of the interior and exterior of your computer now. Wink
visham wrote:Cher missier sans comprend,
visham wrote:'Internals', kuma in fr twa cmpren, can't be arsed
What a Face

Last played:

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 6:57

Yeah, yeah... Neutral

Varun
Founder
Founder