The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Girls and Sports

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Girls and Sports

Post by Nusha on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 16:54

First topic message reminder :

We are actually facing a great problem with the female youngsters of today. Who do girls don't engage themselves in physical activities right from the beginning of their adolescence or adulhood?

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Re: Girls and Sports

Post by Varun on Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 1:08

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:
What are you talking about? You live tens of kilometres away from my place and we have RARELY met during the last couple of years. So, from what sources have you gathered information to bring up such an absurd judgement? Who are those eye witnesses you're talking about? Your pathetic judgement is making me laugh!
Dude, its seems you have taken it a bit too seriously! lol..
I don't think someone jokes when posting nonsensical and offensive statements on private matters of others in a public forum.

Shanu wrote:Ok, what am i talking about, huh? I'm just telling you things which i have witnessed with my own eyes! I say what i saw, dats all! You are talking about living tens of kilometres away and we RARELY met during the last of years! Since when did this matter for us? I have known you personally, i am among the few persons who are close to you(but not like we used to be)! Remember i used to stay with you on the telephone call for several minutes, also chatting with you whenever i used to see you online or simply come to dadi's place to spend my holidays. And you are talking about we RARELY met during the last couple of years? What couple of years are you talking about? I was talking about the time when you were still studying and not working! This takes us only to some 3 to 4 years back, not more! And you are telling me from what sources i gathered such information to bring absurd judgement? Lol... Remember we used to be just more than more brothers!
I don't think family matters are meant to be discussed in a public forum and that too in a totally irrelevant topic. I request you to have a good look at the topic's title before moving on to the next line.

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:Once again, who are those "we" you're referring to? I'm very amazed at how can you jump to such ridiculous conclusions. I'm very much tempted to say that you've gone nuts. Or, is it that you just wanted to vent out some frustrations?
You really want to know who are those i'm referring to? Lol... As if you have forgotten your kins. I have not gone nuts and neither i'm venting my frustrations out! Amazing you know, you think i'm frustrated! lol!
I don't think you can deny the fact that your postings in this topic have left me disgusted. So, once again, I have not been amused by any of your statements in this topic.

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:
Training hard, being strong and keeping fit don't equate to have a gross body like a body builder. A footballer can run up to 10 kilometres in a 90-minute match and tackle hard every 5-10 minutes (if allowed by the referee) but a body builder won't be able to do it just like the footballer won't be able to lift a 50-kg object as easily as the body builder would do it.
I never mentioned anywhere that training hard means only having a gross body like a body builder. Should i assume that this is a personal attack you made upon me? lol.. Of course it is! Afterall i know your character brother! "Donne calot indirectement" Its all you!! Smile Nevermind, i'm not hurted!
I have only used an example and I can't understand how can you take it personally. Nowhere in that bit of explanation have I pinpointed at you.

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:One clearcut example of what I mean is Ryan Giggs. He is a living legend and has played 876 matches to date (only for Manchester United). Yet, he has always been proned to injuries and knocks. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't train hard, isn't strong or doesn't work to keep himself fit.
You are talking about Ryan Giggs? Oh come on... He is a professional football player, man! He has to train very hard, if not he would be subject to seat on the bench rather than playing. It's all about his career! And also he is paid good money to do keep his standard at high!
What I meant in other words is as follows:

There was a time when I was practising lawn tennis and table tennis at regional level. However, I never wanted to do a career as a sportsman. I wanted to become a computer engineer and for that, I had to make sacrifices, which included abandoning lawn tennis and table tennis.

So, these days, when it happens that I play a football match, it's of no surprise that I may get (seriously) injured and if that happened that doesn't mean I have become crippled like you've tried to put it in your previous post using a camouflaged language.

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:Also, I don't know what your definition of laziness is but I don't wake up at noon and lose my time in futile things. If I'm unable to continue practising a sport or two, that doesn't mean I'm lazy as my time is invested in other important things like my work, etc. I have to earn my living after all.
Man man man... Should i consider this as a second personal attack you made upon me about the wake up at noon and lose my time in futile things? Since you started it, lets proceed Smile My definition of laziness concerning you is way simple. See, i don't know if you still remember but let me refresh your mind! Was it not you who used to wake up at noon much before i started doing so? "La boue p rire la mare!" ena bezer ar tw la bhai!
But hey can i know what made you think i wasted my time in futile things? Anyway I dont feel that I waste my time. If you adressing to somebody else, then I dont think that should be a problem for you if he/she is wasting time. Its his/her life. They do what they want. Does it affect you seeing anyone wasting time?
Once again, I have only used an example and I can't understand how can you take it personally. Nowhere in that bit of explanation have I pinpointed at you. Have I?

Shanu wrote:
Varun wrote:
Now, I have a question. Why is it that you're most of the time
Really? Really is this so?

Now i tell you what, Varun! You always keep telling us guys to participate in your forum but when we do so and that something doesn't really please you, you just pick harshly on this someone! You are the main administrator of this forum, and i think your role is to better explain to this someone in a more diplomatic, convenient and polite way when he/she does or say something which is not good!
It's not only mine, it belongs to a community. I deal with it harshly when it is meant to be and right now is a prime example.

Prithvi wrote:This is a debate, boy, don't go irrelevent by hitting on nonsensical facts.
This is no war zone that there will be constant attack anyway!

Let me remind you that this topic was mostly addressed to the girls, i'm amased as to how Varun has been dragged in this mess! lol!

Concerning Ryan Giggs, he's a professional football player, so he's obliged to do these training! That's his job. However it's not Varun's forte, he is a computer engineer and also neither can he allow himself for such activities.
Kavi wrote:This is called going off topic -.-'

Gurls help us Very Happy
Shanu, you have contributed in ruining Nusha's topic including the debate brought forward by all those who came up with constructive arguments and I hope you acknowledge it. Even the kids have felt so.

I should have moderated this topic from the very begining but I thought you would grasp what relevance is. Unfortunately, you have failed. From now on, these things won't be tolerated and we (the administrators) will not shy away to delete irrelevant, nonsensical and offensive posts.

Please, let us continue with Girls and Sports now.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Sun 31 Jul 2011 - 19:12

It's Ok....Never Mind...Let's continue the discussion Smile

It is advisable to encourage a girl to do the physical activity which she likes the most. I know someone who has been advised to indulge in sports right during her childhood else she would face health complications. This little girl like dancing and every day she dances for at least 15 minutes. She is doing this since more than one year.

To be fit, we can search for substitutes of sports to 'sweat more' Very Happy

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 31 Jul 2011 - 20:32

I love to dance since I was a kid and I wanted to join dance classes however my parents always found some inconvenience in what I wanted to do. So, my dream remained a dream. Rolling Eyes

When I was giving tuition yesterday morning, my student said that she will be going at sharp 08.30 because she has to participate in a tennis match. I asked her: 'Since when have you been playing lawn tennis?'
She replied: 'What is lawn tennis?'

I was perplexed by this question. She said that she has been playing tennis since she was 6 but she didn't know that it's also called lawn tennis. Varun always tells me how disciplined, hard-working and passionate you have to be to play such a sport. But when I asked my student, she says that she has lawn tennis classes twice a week where they do 15 minutes of warm-up exercises and 45 minutes of tennis practising. It's nothing compared to what Varun or the girls of his class did. Shocked

Are 2 hours a week enough to be regular and practise proper lawn tennis? What do you people think? scratch

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:17

I'm not too sure dancing is a good alternative to practising a sport.

In my view, if your students are practising other sports alongside then may be two hours of lawn tennis is good. If not, then may be they should train more. However, with the actual trend of taking more tuition classes than what they study in school, I don't think they'll have enough time for sports.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:38

If a person dances one hour daily, doesn't it contribute to one's good health? scratch

They are 3 sisters in STD VI and they practise only two hours of lawn tennis a week. What I found strange is one amongst those three is plump and she is the one who wins most of the trophies in competitions. What a Face

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:41

Plump? What's that? confused

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down