The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Mauritius National Lottery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mauritius National Lottery

Post by Varun on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 22:10

What are your views on the various lottery games by Lottotech?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Re: Mauritius National Lottery

Post by Sneha on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 15:26

I'll say that Lottotech is encouraging people to dream... Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 18:38

Avan mwena enn kestion.

Kot gagne tousa kass la pu donn dimunn dan lotteri? Question

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:06

wai, can you tell us about it varun, the answer to vishaan's question!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:09

The definition of lottery itself is the answer to your question, Vishaan.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:16

me pa p compren, can you be more explicit varun, mo enkor zenfan la moi! Very Happy

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:24

Pann compren!
sa ban group kuman loto, millionaire ect..sa banla kot gagne kass la?

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:40

Bonne question!
Ecouter aster! Tou sa dimune la asT sa ban loterie et millionaire la!
Magine toi komien dimune ena dan maurice et pu komien zot p zuer!
Si ene lotterie p koute rs 20 b aster komien dimune la p meT! Neutral
Si to get bien ban seki p organise sa lotterie la mem ki gagnant!
Zot couvert zot fré et enplis de sa fer gros gros profit! Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 21:04

Seki to p dir mwa C ke, sa largent la ine gagner depi ban dimunn ki jouer lottrie mem la? scratch

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 22:40

Exactly but the winner only gets part of the sum of money which has been raised by the selling of numbered tickets.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 22:45

Smile
Ein Ok.

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 13:11

Monn aprann ke sa profit ki zot gagné la al dan bann fonds pou ed nou pays pou avansé. Zet enn coudey isi, zot pou koné. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 18:41

On the other hand, poor people are becoming poorer by investing their little economy on scratch cards and all.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 21:06

Agreed Varun Very Happy

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Karishma on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 21:07

I believe, instead of giving a big sum of money to only one person
(for example, Rs55 Million, :O), it will be preferable to divide the same amount into smaller proportions and award it to a larger number of people.....

Karishma
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 21:31

If you're referring those Rs 55 millions to the recent mega jackpot of Loto then I think you should take note that not only those who have the correct 6 numbers are crowned as winners but also those who have the correct 3, 4 and 5 numbers too, though they get lower prized sums.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Karishma on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 22:35

Exactly, but comparing a few thousands of rupees to such LARGE sum of money can be quite iniquitous.

It may eventually get the poor poorer n the rich richer.

Anyway, lets hope for a more equitable money distribution in the country.

Karishma
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 12:54

A percentage of Lottotech profit is taxable. Representatives of our State says that this amount is use for redistribution purposes. But I hardly find any improvement in the issue of equity.

I'm totally for your opinion, "get the poor poorer", Karishma. The people are unaware that if ever such an act is maintained, a portion of Mauritius will evidently be not far away from absolute poverty.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 20:00

Nusha Bundhoo wrote:I'm totally for your opinion, "get the poor poorer", Karishma.
Karishma or me? What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 20:02

I was referring to Karishma.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 20:14

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Karishma on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 21:22

Lol, but, anyway both refer to more or less the same idea.....the poor gets poorer..!

Karishma
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 28 Nov 2010 - 21:24

Prithvi has the chance of becoming a millionaire in the coming days and I'll let him explain that to you now... Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 29 Nov 2010 - 11:05

Eh wiiii, Prithvi. Rakonté... Smile

Mo pa tro dakor avek le fait ki zot p dir ki bann pov pou vinn pli pov ek bann ris pli ris. Depi Le Millionaire ine koumansé lor T.V, mo trouv plis bann dimounn en besoin ki p gagne kas la: par examp bann pecheur, marsan legim dan bazar, policier, patissier, etc. Bien rar c bann dimounn ki deja millionaire.

Mo dakor ki bann dimounn pov p gagne l'espoir vinn millionaire a traver sa jeu la et ena buku ki gaspiy zot kas, mai c dimounn la ki en tor parski li bisin pans consekens o ka li pa gagne enn somme d'argent ki asé pou couvert sa somme ki linn investi pou asté enn kart a graté la. What a Face

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 29 Nov 2010 - 21:04

Lottotech games are another form of gambling and gambling do attracts the needy and most of the time, they fail, bringing their family and loved ones on the road.

It's just like consuming drugs. Once, you've started it then there's no end until it ends you. Immature and young people will easily fall in this trap and this for sure is a disadvantage of these games.

That said, I also play the Loto game but only occassionally when the jackpot goes above Rs 20 millions. Razz

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 20:13

Kikenn ine deza gagne 3 TV lor kart millioner ou enn som asé gro dan n'import ki kart?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 20:56

Sneha wrote:Kikenn ine deza gagne 3 TV lor kart millioner ou enn som asé gro dan n'import ki kart?
Prithvi's dad... Wink

Soure: http://www.vacoas.mu/2010/12/millionaire-cela-va-m%E2%80%99aider-a-terminer-ma-maison/

Last edited by Varun on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 22:18; edited 1 time in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 22:45

Wow... Where did you get a hold of that picture Varun? And where did this extract come from? Speechless...

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to attend that show..Sad
Forbidden under 18! :'(

Well, it was glad to see them on Tv, specially the way dad answered smartly to Raj Gokhool, and even didn't hesitate to joke along with him. Surprised

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 14:13

I would like to see an enforcement of the law against selling gambling scratch cards and loto tickets to minors. Currently, it seems some personnel at lototech game retailers don't really care.

Also, I would like to see lototech only market Loto and Milionaire and get rid of scratch cards. Why? How do I know when buying a scratch card if the most interesting prizes have been won already?

When spinning the wheel, you know you can win the least to the most. Same with Loto. With a scratch card, you're pretty much in the dark.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 22:27

Prithvi wrote:Wow... Where did you get a hold of that picture Varun? And where did this extract come from? Speechless...

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to attend that show..Sad
Forbidden under 18! :'(

Well, it was glad to see them on Tv, specially the way dad answered smartly to Raj Gokhool, and even didn't hesitate to joke along with him. Surprised
I have edited that post to include the source.

Well, I was there as a guest in the studio during the recording. Before it started they really took care of our hunger and fed us with lots of "goodies". Then, during the show, as we say in Creole, zonn bien tir nou manzé as each and everytime they asked us to shout to create the ambience effect. After that, we only got a "thank you" and we were not even allowed to snap some pictures.

simpleguy wrote:I would like to see an enforcement of the law against selling gambling scratch cards and loto tickets to minors. Currently, it seems some personnel at lototech game retailers don't really care.

Also, I would like to see lototech only market Loto and Milionaire and get rid of scratch cards. Why? How do I know when buying a scratch card if the most interesting prizes have been won already?

When spinning the wheel, you know you can win the least to the most. Same with Loto. With a scratch card, you're pretty much in the dark.
Now, that's a very interesting point and I had never thought about it before. I think we should contact Lottotech or the Gambling Regulatory Authority to ask them about this subject.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 19:59

Rightly said Simpleguy. I've myself witnessed several frauds taking place in Tabagies, Snacks and so on.

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:00

What kind of frauds? Shocked

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 22:53

i read the whole topic, and i can say only one thing.
each person has a diferent life. if i would be in the place of the winner of some million i would not be interested where the money come from, hell i would love to get the money thats all.
but its good to know how the system work, and things wont change, because a lot of people like to gamble, we are in a democracy and the majority wins.
Its just like varun said, we dont want to get addictive we dont play.
Each and evryone makes it choice, the game is here, you want to play you play, you dont want , no one will force you.
As for question of poor become poorer, its and inevitable.
It humane to be rich and humane to be poor. it can be minimized but cannot be eradicated.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 20:07

Varun wrote:What kind of frauds? Shocked
Pou la premičre foi kan mo ti asté kart millioner, mo pa ti koné bisin grat Jeu 1 (larou millioner lor kart). Mo ti p grat ke Jeu 2 & 3. Embarassed

Kan monn gagne Rs 100 dan Jeu 2 ek monn al sanz kart la, enn revendeur dan Kat Born pann dir moi naryé. Linn tou simplement pran kart la ek donn moi 2 kart. Ziska ler kot tou revendeur ki monn alé, kan zot fini passe kart dan masinn zot desir kart la ek zété mai missié la pann fer sa. Monn remarké ki linn gard kart la amba (enn plas ki pa visib au public).

Enn lot zour kan monn al sanz mo kart kot enn lot revendeur ek mo tujur pa koné bisin grat Jeu 1, revendeur la ine expliké ki mo sipozé grat tel parti ek la mem ki kapav gagne 3 T.V.

Abé, sa 1er revendeur la enn menteur ek zamai monn retourne kot li parski li enn voler. Mad

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:22

I'm not too sure it's a fraud. The Millionaire card is validated by a single unique number for all of its three games. That number should automatically register a winner whether you have scratched all of its scratchable areas or not. Also, I'm not too sure you can win more than one game per card. So, if you have already validated a card for a win in Game 2 or Game 3, it makes no sense to play Game 1.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:03

Varun wrote:I'm not too sure it's a fraud. The Millionaire card is validated by a single unique number for all of its three games. That number should automatically register a winner whether you have scratched all of its scratchable areas or not.
What if there was 3 TVs in Game One or I gained some money and he didn't say anything about that to me at that moment and when I left, he took the sum for himself? There's no way I would have known. The thing is that he should have told me to scratch the card entirely as the other reseller did. This shows lack of integrity from his part. Neutral

Varun wrote:Also, I'm not too sure you can win more than one game per card. So, if you have already validated a card for a win in Game 2 or Game 3, it makes no sense to play Game 1.
I watched an episode of Le Millionaire where a 3 TV winner was saying that he won Rs 50 on the same card in Game 2. Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 17 Dec 2011 - 18:30

Oh... Well, I think we should contact Lottotech directly for some clarifications.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top