The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit

Post by vinesh on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 0:33

What is your opinion about the game if you started playing it.
i personally like it the gameplay is not bad. Just need a good graphic card to enjoy it to max

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Re: Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit

Post by Varun on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 12:26

I didn't even know the game was already out. As soon as I came across this topic, I've put it in my download basket. Wink

By the way, I really enjoyed the last Hot Pursuit game of the Need For Speed series which was released in 2002 and I'm really looking foward to this one with great enthusiasm.

That said, I've learnt that the game has greedy system requirements but doesn't boast with good quality graphics as Need For Speed - ProStreet did.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 13:05

euh by the way ki version(the complete name) sa need for speed la?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 13:13

Can't you figure it out by reading the topic title?

The previous two bearing the same name were called as follows:

• Need For Speed III - Hot Pursuit
  • Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2

Need For Speed III - Hot Pursuit was the third game of the series, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2 was the sixth one while Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit is the fourteenth one.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 18:01

i think need for speed shift needed the most graphic power this one is a bit less realistic than shift

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 21:54

okies, got ya!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 14:34

I'm starting the game tonight. Razz

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 1 Dec 2010 - 12:50

Hey Varun, can you display some screen shots for us!
Neutral

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 3:57

Played for 5min - Probably the worst NFS game I've played!

No manual transmission
Stupid AI
Poor handling (ban loto la kuma dir bis. bizin chemin la entier pu kav fr 1 contour Razz)

The original (2002) hot pursuit was way better! Back to GRID Very Happy

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Mon 6 Dec 2010 - 17:42

Varun still waiting for the screen shots! Neutral

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 21:37

Settings:

Here are the screenshots:

gameplay is at 50 fps

am kinda disappointed in the graphics its not that cool even at the max settings

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 23:31

I can now confirm that the graphics requirement of this game isn't that demanding. With all the in-game options maxed out, my Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1 GB Toxic Edition gives me 60 FPS throughout the game, which means that this game has Vsync enabled by default and there's no way we can disable it.

Had Vsync been disabled, I'm sure I could have exceeded 100 FPS as my GPU temperature rose by only 10 degrees Celsius during the game. Wink

I haven't started the career mode yet but the car handling and graphics aren't that bad but it's definitely better than Need For Speed - Undercover. That said, Race Driver - GRID remains the best in terms of graphics.

Anyway, here are my screenshots...

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 0:06

ya it has vsync enabled also lol but i getting 50 fps as i have forced 16x antialiasing and 16x antistrophic in nvidia control panel and also at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 lol but without these i could also easily exceeds 100 fps

Last edited by vinesh on Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 0:26; edited 1 time in total

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 0:07

but varun, the diference with vinesh setting is that he modified the setting in nvidia control panel,, antialiasing x16 ect ect.. i can see the diference on the screenshot itself.. the screenshots that vinesh posted shows that the car is more bright, it has mirror effect it shows a more realistic view about the driving effects, the shadows are better than the screenshot you posted... moreover the game optimizes automatically by reference of your graphics and hardwares found on your pc,,, try to boost the control panel.. its true that the minimum required is very little, but am sure that the maximum is far more...
grid is a very nice game,,, i appreaciate it.. but to go to an extent in saying that its more realisitic than hot pursuit... its not well placed... Varun, for hot pursuit,,,try to see into the control panel... boost everything and see the magic bro Smile

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 21:17

vinesh wrote:ya it has vsync enabled also lol but i getting 50 fps as i have forced 16x antialiasing and 16x antistrophic in nvidia control panel and also at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 lol but without these i could also easily exceeds 100 fps
Dream on, vinesh. Forced graphics options don't work on this game, be it with an ATI/AMD GPU or Nvidia GPU. I selected 24x Anti-aliasing (something which you can't even do with your green goblin card) and 16x Anisotropic Filtering on my Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1 GB Toxic Edition card but it didn't make any impact on the quality or the performance of the game.

Naz wrote:but varun, the diference with vinesh setting is that he modified the setting in nvidia control panel,, antialiasing x16 ect ect.. i can see the diference on the screenshot itself.. the screenshots that vinesh posted shows that the car is more bright, it has mirror effect it shows a more realistic view about the driving effects, the shadows are better than the screenshot you posted...
My screenshots were taken at dusk and in the evening in the gameplay, not at mid-day. Razz

Naz wrote:grid is a very nice game,,, i appreaciate it.. but to go to an extent in saying that its more realisitic than hot pursuit... its not well placed... Varun, for hot pursuit,,,try to see into the control panel... boost everything and see the magic bro Smile
GRID does boast with a multisample anti-aliasing option. This alone can confirm better image quality against a game which doesn't support anti-aliasing at all and I am sustaining my point with the following screenshots of GRID, which I snapped minutes ago on my computer...

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 21:23

Varun wrote:
I selected 24x Anti-aliasing (something which you can't even do with your green goblin card)

lol you know i can put 32x anti-aliasing
(if you dont believe tell me i post a screenshot)
but i dont put it as i cant see the difference between 16x and 32x

for your information you can force settings on this game go see on google

also dirt 2 has better graphics than your grid

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 21:56

vinesh wrote:
Varun wrote:
I selected 24x Anti-aliasing (something which you can't even do with your green goblin card)
I'm sorry. The word in bold was a typo and I meant didn't instead.

vinesh wrote:lol you know i can put 32x anti-aliasing
(if you dont believe tell me i post a screenshot)
but i dont put it as i cant see the difference between 16x and 32x

for your information you can force settings on this game go see on google
If I am to believe your words about forced graphics options in this game, then how come your screenshot is aliased? lol!

Aliased Rear Boot

vinesh wrote:also dirt 2 has better graphics than your grid
Dirt 2 is enhanced for DirectX 11, GRID isn't. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 22:13

FOR GRID, on directX 10 itself.. its btter,,, i played on directX 9,, this time also its better...

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 13 Dec 2010 - 20:43

I'm eager to hear vinesh's clarifications... Basketball

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Mon 13 Dec 2010 - 21:07

hmmm its suprisingly true that the antialias is not working as supposed but what i cant understand when these settings are on there is a major decrease in fps compared to when they are off
i really cant understand why it decreases the fps and yet not apply the effects its bizarre

ok if you say dirt2 has directx 11 . waht will you say for need for speed shift which is directx10 and still has better graphics than grid

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 15 Dec 2010 - 22:37

vinesh wrote:ya it has vsync enabled also lol but i getting 50 fps as i have forced 16x antialiasing and 16x antistrophic in nvidia control panel and also at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 lol but without these i could also easily exceeds 100 fps
vinesh wrote:hmmm its suprisingly true that the antialias is not working as supposed but what i cant understand when these settings are on there is a major decrease in fps compared to when they are off
i really cant understand why it decreases the fps and yet not apply the effects its bizarre
I'm once again eager to see what you've stated. Why don't you benchmark your computer with all the in-game settings maxed out and no forced settings in the first instance and with all the in-game settings maxed out and 16x Anti-aliasing and 16x Anisotropic Filtering as the only forced settings in the second instance to show us how do you easily exceed 100 FPS?

vinesh wrote:ok if you say dirt2 has directx 11 . waht will you say for need for speed shift which is directx10 and still has better graphics than grid
Better graphics is not entirely proportionate to DirectX versions.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 12:58

lol you saw it yourself i cant show you as it is blocked at 60 fps

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 18:55

Get your facts right next time, vinesh. Wink

Anyway, let's get on with the game now...

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 17 Dec 2010 - 1:03

am already bored with the game on pc lol am going to play it on the ps3 lol beetter gameplay on it

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 20 Dec 2010 - 21:06

How can the gameplay be different on console?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Mon 20 Dec 2010 - 21:08

i dont know but my friends who played it on the ps3 said so

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 20 Dec 2010 - 21:09

What about you then?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 0:56

I have not yet received my ps3 lol but its soon then i will say which is better

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 21:08

I have always preferred PCs over consoles for gaming and that's because I'm more at ease with my keyboard than with a game controller.

Anyway, don't forget to post your feedback once you've done the comparison. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top