The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

The God Delusion

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you qualify yourself?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
50% 50% 
[ 6 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

The God Delusion

Post by Varun on Sun 6 Jan 2008 - 10:30

First topic message reminder :

When I was a little kid mom used to tell me: "It's already 18:00, go and do your prayer. You need to pray to get peace and prosperity in your life..."

However, while picking up my days I started having a different approach at this thing which is called religion. What is the meaning of religion? Does God exist? 24 years of age right now and I've been an atheist for more than half of my life. The God Delusion is a book by British biologist Richard Dawkins, holder of the Charles Simonyi Chair for the Public Understanding of Science at the University of Oxford.

In his book, Dawkins contends that a supernatural creator almost certainly does not exist and that belief in God qualifies as a delusion, which he defines as a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence. He is sympathetic to Robert Pirsig's observation that when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity and when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

I should admit that I have not got the opportunity to go through his book but I've been really inspired by his beliefs and ideas when I watched him on BBC World some days ago. I come from a religious family as are an estimated 86% of the world's population. So, in this regard I belong to the minority group referred as non-religious. Still, I am firm on my beliefs and I would like to hear about your perceptions and beliefs in God and religion.

Last edited by Varun on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 19:45; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Re: The God Delusion

Post by Varun on Mon 6 Dec 2010 - 21:37

Nusha wrote:Someone may consider his parents, grand parents or teacher as his God. So every one on Earth may be God.

The God which was residing in our mind is in fact our belief.

The significance of the soul comes into action when the physical body of mankind has already decayed.
Are you indirectly stating that God is only a man-made absurdity and nothing else?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 12 Dec 2010 - 15:20

yo guys, as i had said before i would go through some things then i would choose what am appropriately. i'd say am a theist now. recently (10-12 december), mo ti al 1 expedition ke ministere sports... organiser(NYAA), ek la bas, bann kams ti p raconte bann zafers ke mone kumence believe in god tousa. pa fini kot nu ti eT la, ti ena bann groupes ki ti p suive 1 cours leadership, so nu ine gagne pu mingle ek bannla. bannla ti grand dan lage, ek bannla osi ine dir bann zafers ke mo believe zot.
pour fournir zot de seke bann kams ek lezot la ine dir moi ek bann lezot kams, mo p invite bannla pu vine participer isi la!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 13 Dec 2010 - 10:29

I'll be waiting... Basketball

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by keshav.seeam on Tue 14 Dec 2010 - 19:24

Last edited by keshav.seeam on Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 22:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nothing)

keshav.seeam
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 15 Dec 2010 - 12:20

I understand that you have gone through a lot and I sympathize with you. However, before contributing in the forum, one of the main thing to do is to go through the various topics in the Notice Board to understand how this place works.

Next time, such posts will be instantly deleted without any notice.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 7:14

keshav.seeam wrote:well evrybody has his own opinion and i totally respect that!

wel personally wen i ws a kid, i didnt evn belive in God... i thgt tht it ws jst a waste of time and that people do this only to get money until i ws victim of a disease called seborrheic dematitis on my scalp.

i ws only in standard 4 wen i got ths problem n evryn8 i cried out of agony... my scalp ws bleeding!! i followed treatments for 10 whole years from the best doctors bt no result!! my docs lst hope!!

it ws thn tht my mom took me to a priest who simply tld me to pray god n sincerely blive in him!! for only 3 months alongside with gollowing the same old treatment, i went to the temple n prayed to god!!

cn u imagine how hard it mst have been for a litle guy of merely 9 years old vrying evryday... suffering!! its jst horrible!

i evn wnted to commit suicide wen zs year!! but by shear miracle... this disease got cured by itself!! from tht day i sincerely started to blive in god!!
i had many unfulfilled deams n evrytm i mention thm to God.. jokes apart they are fulfilled

you must be thking that im invention all ths thgs bt nooo!! humans nver acept waqt they get, they always wnt mpre!! if a person's wish has been fulfilled after he has prayed. he wil nver tel any1 bt if the wish is not fulfilled.. he will make publicity n start cursing god!!

yesderday itself i lost my wallet at riverside.. it cntained lds n lds of money n evn my debit card!! i searched for it evrywer but in vain n wen i cm at hm i jst asked god WHY ME?? i nver did nythg wrg!! at tht same instance my phone rang (i gave my num to the security officer) n a man said tht he had my wallet!! ths is coincidence... i DNT THK SO!! he didnt evn touch one rupee and he handed it back to me!!
reply me this n if u dnt blve wil tel u evn mr!! facts n personal xperience with proof
Contribute with what should be contributed, boy. Your statements have already been discussed and extremely well refuted years ago in this topic. Next time, do yourself a favour and read the whole topic before posting anything.

Also, bear in mind that not everybody has a crush for your "SMS-style" of writing. I suggest you go through this topic for a better approach next time.

On another note, I would like to share something with all of you which I've been seeing since some time here and there on the road sides.

I wonder what religion ask for such lame actions.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 27 Dec 2010 - 13:30

What is DLS? scratch

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 28 Dec 2010 - 8:01

The most relevant return I got from Google Search is this. What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 19:27

Varun wrote:The most relevant return I got from Google Search is this. What a Face
This is the most nonsensical article I've read about religion. Rolling Eyes

Shanu wrote:Jeet, the superstition of not staying under a tree after 18.00 is usually put into practise only during the Peetarpak period in hinduism and not everyday if you meant that.
Concerning the superstition about the "touch wood" thing, well i dnt really believe in this. I believe more only on what i witness.
Shanu, by what I have understood from your last post in this topic, you believe in the existence of God. However, how is it possible when you said you believe in what you witness in the topic Superstition? Have you witnessed God? Shocked

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 21:17

Sneha wrote:
Varun wrote:The most relevant return I got from Google Search is this. What a Face
This is the most nonsensical article I've read about religion. Rolling Eyes
You're not the only one. Smile

Sneha wrote:
Shanu wrote:Jeet, the superstition of not staying under a tree after 18.00 is usually put into practise only during the Peetarpak period in hinduism and not everyday if you meant that.
Concerning the superstition about the "touch wood" thing, well i dnt really believe in this. I believe more only on what i witness.
Shanu, by what I have understood from your last post in this topic, you believe in the existence of God. However, how is it possible when you said you believe in what you witness in the topic Superstition? Have you witnessed God? Shocked
It's typical of theists to come up with contradictory statements. What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:54

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top