The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Superstition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Superstition

Post by Jeet on Thu 28 Oct 2010 - 20:26

Hey guys i'd like to know ur opinions on beliefs that people believe without knowing the reason benhind it!!!
one of the beliefs is :"Do not stay under a tree after six pm"!!!

There's one particular belief that i'd really like to know ur views on it whether it appears foolish or i don't know what!! the belief is :"Touch wood, then the bad thing that one said or thought, will not happen"!!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Thu 28 Oct 2010 - 21:14

The logic I shared in the following two topics applies here too:


Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 9:15

let those away from this dr, i read those two topics, i just want to know you really think about the touch wood thing!!!
Well for me those who say it's foolish, i don't blame them but they don'r realise that it actually is important the touch wood superstition!!

Sometimes one think about something that he doesn't want to happen and to never think about that thing again, so he can just touch wood and believe this superstition bcoz if we realise it, this superstition helps us to forget about what we had thought!!
Thus this superstition is type of a "pain relief remedy", that is it relieves us of all bad thoughts!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 18:06

Pfff...!!
Pa gaspille nou letemp pu nanyen Jeet!! Rempli forum avek sa ban topic seki fini discuter la!!
Ine fini koz lor tusa dan "God delusion" et "Do ghosts and werewolves exist?"
Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 19:26

i think this view of urs is wrong is completely wrong!!!
people may say superstition is foolish but behind some superstitions, there is logic!!!!
like the one:"Do not stay under a tree after six"
some would take it as superstition while others know that one really shouldn't be under a tree after six as after that time, trees release carbon dioxide which isn't good for us!!!!

so my dear prithvi has this topic: "superstition" been discussed in the topics you mentioned??

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 19:38

Pfff..!!
Pa fer bouffon!
To demane ene zafr aprer to reponn li to mem!
Sa ban superstition la tou cela relier a science!
Kuma dan god delusion ine eclairci tou nou ban doute aster ki to p koZ toi!
Hey varun koz ar li ta! Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 19:57

arrrrr, mone demande zot views lor that particular superstition!!!!
to pa compren ki!!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 22:07

Jeet wrote:i think this view of urs is wrong is completely wrong!!!
people may say superstition is foolish but behind some superstitions, there is logic!!!!
like the one:"Do not stay under a tree after six"
some would take it as superstition while others know that one really shouldn't be under a tree after six as after that time, trees release carbon dioxide which isn't good for us!!!!

so my dear prithvi has this topic: "superstition" been discussed in the topics you mentioned??
What you said is not superstition but rather a scientific fact. Moreover, the belief in superstition is similar to the belief in religion/god/deity. These things are simply assumptions and there are no tangible proofs to make them become facts. So, I can't really understand how can you mix logic with assumption. This is simply beyond me.

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Abhishek on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 23:28

Varun-trop beaucoup logic to ena tw. Cool

Abhishek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 23:29

What does that mean?

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Abhishek on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 23:35

Whatever we have learned and we maybe saying is probably based on some source of knowledge...y dnt you inquire about the source of all your knowledge.... Cool
Explain me Logic please???

Abhishek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 0:05

The source of knowledge is our intelligence which in turn comes from our brain while logic is the science of reasoning or the examination of arguments.

Now, can you please explain me superstition?

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Abhishek on Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 18:08

Infact ,,,,mo mem pa kner....mo zis ti p pren ene nissa r tw.
wakakakakakakaka.lolz

Abhishek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 18:52

euh varun, what i wanted to conveyed to people was that: some superstition helps people to forget about things that they don't want to think about!!! the touch wood thing la!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Abhishek on Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 19:08

Superstition is a mere escape from this real world/truth.
every1 knws wat is true bt they want the other way round,,,,they want some kinda miracle or magic.....they will blieve more easily in superstition then in reality.
enfin mo penser c sa.
prabhu varun do u want to elaborate?????lolz

Abhishek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 12:51

Jeet wrote:euh varun, what i wanted to conveyed to people was that: some superstition helps people to forget about things that they don't want to think about!!! the touch wood thing la!!!
Abhishek wrote:Superstition is a mere escape from this real world/truth.
every1 knws wat is true bt they want the other way round,,,,they want some kinda miracle or magic.....they will blieve more easily in superstition then in reality.
enfin mo penser c sa.
prabhu varun do u want to elaborate?????lolz
It's called credulity and it's up to you to decide as what you want to qualify those persons.

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Kavi on Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 23:00

Jeet : ziska lere tou saki tn dir.. nay3n m0 pan compren.. kieT sa touch wood??? pa oblizE k0z englai l0r forum la... to bien kapav explik n0u avk ban mots creols.... p zis suggest Wink

how comes Carbon dioxide from trees fall in superstition?? :S ><'

w0t to say ab0ut superstition???
p0ur linstant m0 pa tr0 kwar sa bn zafr la.... those are myths.... mais d'un autre koT... ena ban larticle ki mn lire l0r journal (in fr la une) ki imP intrigant... :S

i don't really kn0w what to say...


Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 10:07

phewwwww, ok kavi!!
as student of science, you surely must know that trees do the process of respiration at night, that is trees release carbon dioxide!! alors, dimoune abitier dir pa ress emba piť apres six heures parseki pa koner ki malere pu arriver, sa c'est dan 1 view de superstition, mais ena so koT logic, dimoune la p bien dir pa ress emba piť apres six heures parseki carbon dioxide is being released at that time, which is not good for us!!!

now the "touch wood" thing!!
dimoune abitier dir :"touche kelke chose fait en bois", pu ki sa moV koZ seki tone dir la pa arriver vraimem", fer kumadir tone al dir kelke chose ki to pa envi sa arriver, so pu ki sa pa really happen, dimoune dir toi touche di bois!!!
sa c'est d'un point de vue de superstition!
aster si to guet so lot fasse, to pu realiser ke sa superstition la aide toi pu blier seki to ti dir la, so to latet pa pu fatiguer ar sa!!

better now kavi??

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 13:36

Pfft!
Now what do you want to prove?
You only said that its all superstition, and that's how wise man call it!
Well Jeet, what if someone is staying in the forest at night?
Might be a group of persons want to camp out in the forest!
You must have surely heard about people doing camp fire, well this is even more dangerous then, as this will emit carbon dioxide in the air at night!
Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 14:49

wdf prithvi, am just explaining the logic behind that superstition, can't you understand that??
if you have such lousy questions, then i'd suggest you to ask these questions to a scientist and you'll get a fitting reply!!!though your question is right, can you then explain the logic behind that superstition??

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Kavi on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 20:32

Dan tou saki tn rakonT la... to pan dir mwa k0t to p truv siperstition match avk emission Carbon dioxide... -.-'

touch wood la zamai m0 ti tanD sa... :S o.O


Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 20:34

kavi just forget it, plistot letan mo call toi mo explik toi, sinon to pu kuma 1 sans compren mem la!!! nek jouer cs apres to pu koner!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 21:01

Superstition, superstition, superstition......!!Pfffff!!
What logic do you want me to give you regarding superstition??
Try to think logically!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 21:20

varun n abhishek didn't ask such question, kifer zis zot 2 ki kumsa la!!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Sneha on Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 14:46

Dapre moi, bann dimounn a lepok pa tiena ledukation kouma nou ena alor zot ti p invent bann zafer irrationel ki bann zeneration apre ine apel superstition. C.a.d, kan enn sat p travers simer devan enn dimounn li pa enn bon signe ou kan enn verre ine kaser tou mofinn dan lakaz aler; tou sa pena prev ki li vrai. Dimounn lontan pa ti aprann kouma nou pou kompran ki kan enn dimounn ine fann enn rumeur, li pa necesser ki li vrai. Zot pa ti otan malin pou trouver ki pena oken sense kan zot dir enn dimounn ine trouv enn lisien fer pipi alor linn gagne bouton dan lizier. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Enn dimounn kiena ledikation bisin trouver ki tou zafer ki ariver ena enn explikation. Kifer dokter dir manz pom toulezurs ine prouver par la science. Par kont, kifer nou bisin tous l'or sipa diboi, kot ena prev pou sa? Poz zot mem la kestion... Twisted Evil

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 15:19

Come on Jeet, "the touch wood boy", explain your title! Laughing

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Kavi on Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 19:35

LOL!!!!

wai... mo mem z0rdi mn ggn 1 bouton lor mo popiere liziE.... p0urtant mo pam get lisien fr pipi sipa ki yoyo enc0re..... :S

as i said before... Superstition are mere myths... Smile

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 18:09

ok guys got your point, i hope zone osi essaye compren ki mo ti p rod convey to you all, si zot pane compren, laisse tomber!
and yeah, for me, now this topic is solved as i thanked sneha for her explanation!
thanks again sneha! clown

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 22:14

The topic is solved? You didn't even asked for help, you only asked for opinions. May be you should have asked the administrators to lock and archive the topic instead as you don't have any evidence to back your claims on superstition and almost everybody has been slamming your statements.

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 10:22

b sa mem mone plein explik zot ki mo p rod dir, zot tro advanced zot, kot geter zot pa p compren!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 13:54

Hey just stop with your nonsensical comments Jeet!
THis topic was never met to solve something! scratch
Now what? Are you diverting the situation now! Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 13:56

li pa ti meant pu solve something surely!
mais zot p koz napa ek moi!
mone creer sa pu seulement dir ki mo penser lor sa zafer touche di bois la moi, sa mem tou!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Prithvi on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 14:58

Sa mem to ti kav fer dan topic god delusion, non? Evil or Very Mad
Tne creer ene nuvo topic pu 2 zafer pareil!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 15:10

b sa pa dir moi, parseki letan mo ti creer topic la, i was told to change it's old title to :"Superstition" dr, si ti bizin dir sa la mem, then sa mem dimoune la ti pu dir moi fer li la bas mem!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Varun on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 18:46

Jeet wrote:mais zot p koz napa ek moi!
This guy has lost it all. I'm sure he needs to be cured. What a Face

On another note, I think this topic needs to be locked and archived now because I don't see any debate here. Do you all agree?

Varun
Founder
Founder


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Jeet on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 20:54

i agree! bon anyways merci zot tou pu zot views huh!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Kavi on Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 22:03

You are welcome jeet Smile

BYE

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Sneha on Tue 28 Dec 2010 - 22:00

Varun wrote:
Jeet wrote:mais zot p koz napa ek moi!
This guy has lost it all. I'm sure he needs to be cured. What a Face

On another note, I think this topic needs to be locked and archived now because I don't see any debate here. Do you all agree?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Shanu on Sat 9 Jul 2011 - 21:55

Jeet, the superstition of not staying under a tree after 18.00 is usually put into practise only during the Peetarpak period in hinduism and not everyday if you meant that.
Concerning the superstition about the "touch wood" thing, well i dnt really believe in this. I believe more only on what i witness.

Shanu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor


Back to top Go down

Re: Superstition

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:02


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum