The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Sonic Bed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sonic Bed

Post by Sneha on Sat 26 Dec 2009 - 11:38

www.gizmodo.com wrote:
If you thought blasting your iPod was bad for your ears, you ain't seen nothing. The sonic bed is a king-size bed with 12-channel surround sound. It may look like a wooden tank from the outside, but inside its got enough speakers to dwarf any home theater set up. Created by Kaffe Matthews as a museum exhibit (no plans for retail as of yet), the bed requires 220 volts of electricity and covers every inch of your body in sound...

Read the full article here.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Re: Sonic Bed

Post by Jeet on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 17:34

Wowww this is too good.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 19:10

Nice stuff!!!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 19:56

That's very innovative but it doesn't tempt me. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 30 Dec 2009 - 20:00

Why?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 14:14

Yep, why?? Varun..

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 19:19

As you all know, I'm a somewhat casual audiophile and the best way I can listen to music is to listen to it with all my senses active, not by being half asleep.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanu on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 20:43

yeah i agree with what Varun said..

Shanu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 10:19

True

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanu on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 15:28

duh.. i can't see the real purpose of owning a sonic bed..

Shanu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 19:53

Yep, one does not want to become deaf

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 20:24

Shanu wrote:duh.. i can't see the real purpose of owning a sonic bed..

Jeet wrote:Yep, one does not want to become deaf
I agree with what both of you said over there. However, I introduced this topic as this special bed doesnít exist solely to deafen humans, it has its advantages. I donít think an architect would waste his time creating something which would only be source to trouble to his customersÖ Razz

Well, lemme talk about the benefits a sonic bed offers as it seems that Shanuís question is subjected to that only. Music has many roles to play in any listenerís life; as entertainment, for example. Here it serves as a medium to a peaceful and relaxing sleep. That kind of music is specially produced and chosen to aid a person gain better control of his health. As per my research, these musical beds are said to act as calmness within the mind, relaxation for the body and stress-free mind tool.

At times, persons tend to complain of being awakened by any single household noise such as creaking floors, refrigeratorís door or fans. That music may then mask the disturbing noise while those people are far away from the planet in their dreams. Also, it counteracts the barking of dogs which are well-known for messing up a good sleep.

Do you still feel that this bed is of no use? Neutral

Last edited by Sneha on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 13:53; edited 1 time in total

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 12:25

NO

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 18:23

Lolz.... nice title:D
i don't think i'l be comfortable in this "boat"..

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 18:26

Sneha wrote:Well, lemme talk about the benefits a sonic bed offers as it seems that Shanuís question is subjected to that only. Music has many roles to play in any listenerís life; as entertainment, for example. Here it serves as a medium to a peaceful and relaxing sleep. That kind of music is specially produced and chosen to aid a person gain better control of his health. As per my research, these musical beds are said to act as calmness within the mind, relaxation for the body and stress-free mind tool.
I'm not too sure about this one... Suspect

Sneha wrote:At times, persons tend to complain of being awakened by any single household noise such as creaking floors, refrigeratorís door or fans. That music may then mask the disturbing noise while those people are far away from the planet in their dreams. Also, it counteracts the barking of dogs which are well-known for messing up a good sleep.
But in this case, we can at least close the doors and windows, can't we? Razz

Shanu wrote:yeah i agree with what Varun said..
Jeet wrote:True
Shanu and Jeet, before posting unnecessary comments, please, do the community a favour and read this. Twisted Evil

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 9:39

Varun wrote:As you all know, I'm a somewhat casual audiophile and the best way I can listen to music is to listen to it with all my senses active, not by being half asleep.

Jeet wrote:True

The above was meant for your statement!
oki (after reading what you last wrote and after reading the topic: Elaborate), sorry

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 11:55

Varun wrote:
Sneha wrote:Well, lemme talk about the benefits a sonic bed offers as it seems that Shanuís question is subjected to that only. Music has many roles to play in any listenerís life; as entertainment, for example. Here it serves as a medium to a peaceful and relaxing sleep. That kind of music is specially produced and chosen to aid a person gain better control of his health. As per my research, these musical beds are said to act as calmness within the mind, relaxation for the body and stress-free mind tool.
Why? Any particular reason? Suspect

Varun wrote:
Sneha wrote:At times, persons tend to complain of being awakened by any single household noise such as creaking floors, refrigeratorís door or fans. That music may then mask the disturbing noise while those people are far away from the planet in their dreams. Also, it counteracts the barking of dogs which are well-known for messing up a good sleep.
There are times when dogs' barking do disturb even while the doors and windows are closed, what do you do then? Take myself for example: I remember the time I had a doggie, Rocky, at my place. If he heard anyone making any noise at night (even if it's in my neighbourhood), he would come near my window and would not stop barking until I came out. I dunno how many times I had to wake up due to that. Mad

Now, for creaking floors, refrigerator's door (if it's noisy) or any door creating a lot of disturbance as well as fans. What would you do, huh? What a Face

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 15:27

I agree with your last sentence Sneha.

Any answer Varun!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 16:44

Sneha wrote:
Varun wrote:
Why? Any particular reason? Suspect
Instead of sleeping in a sonic bed to be accompanied with music, I can listen to music on my sound system which is next to my bed while being on the bed.

Furthermore, the sonic bed would only be useful for a nap/sleep while a stand-alone sound system can be used in various scenarios such as in a home theatre or with a gaming computer.

Sneha wrote:
Varun wrote:
There are times when dogs' barking do disturb even while the doors and windows are closed, what do you do then? Take myself for example: I remember the time I had a doggie, Rocky, at my place. If he heard anyone making any noise at night (even if it's in my neighbourhood), he would come near my window and would not stop barking until I came out. I dunno how many times I had to wake up due to that. Mad

Now, for creaking floors, refrigerator's door (if it's noisy) or any door creating a lot of disturbance as well as fans. What would you do, huh? What a Face
Again, a sound system next to the bed can help as much as the sonic bed. Another thing is about comfort. Would you be comfortable in a bed with four walls? Razz

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 17:48

Well said about the sound system Varun but as for the second part, i would be comfortable in a bed with four walls as i am sure that the risk of falling isn't there.
And also i do not take much space in bed.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 22:32

Do you, at 15 years old, still fall from your bed?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 10:15

No no, i was just saying so.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 12:58

Varun wrote:Instead of sleeping in a sonic bed to be accompanied with music, I can listen to music on my sound system which is next to my bed while being on the bed.

Furthermore, the sonic bed would only be useful for a nap/sleep while a stand-alone sound system can be used in various scenarios such as in a home theatre or with a gaming computer.
Yeah, I agree but an experience in the sonic bed wouldn't be that bad, after all. Razz

Varun wrote:Again, a sound system next to the bed can help as much as the sonic bed. Another thing is about comfort. Would you be comfortable in a bed with four walls? Razz
As I said above, an experience would be worth. Moreover, we can compare whether a sound system does its job better while being in the bed or outside the bed during a nap. By the way, do any of you people know if there are sonic beds in our country? Suspect

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 13:10

The article says that the sonic bed is still in an experimental stage. However, its cost would certainly be astronomical compared to that of a stand-alone bed along with a stand-alone sound system. So, I don't think it would really be worth it.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 13:27

Oki, but varun at least an experience would be great. Don't you think so.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 13:38

Try it with a surround sound system around your bed. Place the satellites at each corner of the bed while finding a place for the subwoofer underneath it, experience it for yourself and then give us some feedback. What do you say, Jeet?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 16:16

If i could, iwould have done it.
But it's been said, that the sonic bed is still experimental, i won't be able to try it since it is not in Mauritius.
According to me it would have been a good experience.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 16:56

Stupid boy, I'm asking you to try it with a stand-alone sound system around your bed... Twisted Evil

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 19:19

Sorry, misunderstood

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down