The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

BitTorrent

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BitTorrent

Post by Prithvi on Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 19:32

First topic message reminder :

Ki pu servi aster??
Torrent ine fini!!
Eske zot ena kit solution kuma pu download bane film aster?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Re: BitTorrent

Post by Jeet on Sun 5 Dec 2010 - 10:00

sakaine so choix ta! mo mem mo servi utorrent ek mo satisfait ek sa!
et bann lezot users of utorrent si pu dir sa!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 20:06

vinesh wrote:lol i cant understand why you guys love torrent . i just HATE them. take too much time to start the download . i have always been using megaupload and will always be.
The advantages of BitTorrent are enormous when compared to things like Rapidshare or Megaupload and we have already discussed those facts earlier in the topic. May be you should go through the topic again.

Also, BitTorrent doesn't take too much time to download as my downloads start within seconds.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 21:13

Same for me Very Happy Very Happy

Vinesh, just give it a new try dude... and be sure to get appropriate number of seeds Smile

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 8 Dec 2010 - 21:58

torrent is just a waste of time. Varun said he download 18 gb on torrent and he has 2 mb/s . i have 1 mb/s and i can download 14 gb per day on megaupload. so if i had his internet i could have downloaded 24 gb.
i get max speed on megaupload , all my links resumable and i can lunch like 100 links and put in a queue and go to sleep all will download by themselves
it starts immediate so i do not need to worry for seeds and stuffs.
The most important advantage is that if i want an old files on utorrent there will be no seeds whereas it will still be there on megaupload

conclusion torrent is just a waste of time and absolutely useless for me

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

guys see this

Post by Naz on Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 1:26

hello guys,, i appreaciate that we have this fabulous forum here, where we can discuss what we all know...
i'd like to give a plus to my freind VINESH, as i use the same technique he uses. the system is such that i download films, games, of many gigabytes anytime.... for a film of 700mb, i download at a rate of 128kb per second, which means that i download the film in 1hours 45minutes.. even if it looses connection, the download resume automatically.As for a game with several links, i search the game with 1gb links megauplaod, and i launch them during 1-3 pm, i can thus pause every links and put them queuewise. then launch the queue which will result in automatically swapping downlaods, i dont have to care about it, i just go to sleep and my pc will be off automatically..!!.using torent, it has to seed frm 5kb for a start then has to get seeds to increase its download speed,the time it has taken to increase the speed fully, which i dont expect to reach 120kb, i may have already downlaoded 1gb..lOl.... [ 1gb around 2hours40min]

these are images that shows files downloading in a queue in my internet download manager..
they downlaod full speed at 120+ kbps
they start automatically
and filehoster is megaupload...
i launched them during 1h-3h pm
see for yourself...

Screenshots: [SEE THE IMAGES ENLARGED SO AS TO SEE THE SPEED, TIME ect..] (and give time for pictures to load) thank you Smile

see my speeed

see the queue, some files are already finished..

see the time taken for a 350mb file Razz

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 19:20

vinesh wrote:torrent is just a waste of time. Varun said he download 18 gb on torrent and he has 2 mb/s . i have 1 mb/s and i can download 14 gb per day on megaupload. so if i had his internet i could have downloaded 24 gb.
I have a 2 Mbit/s internet connection, not a 2 MB/s one and yours is a 1 Mbit/s internet connection, not a 1 MB/s one. Now, with 1 Mbit/s, you'll be able to download at 125 KB/s at the most and if we do the calculation for a 24-hour period, the total downloaded data would result to only 10.3 GB, not 14 GB.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 20:52

ya i did not do the calculation i just estimated a number lol but still for you, you should be able download more than 20 gb a day

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 20:54

calculation is not exact... but its near exact,
what were trying to say is that, if u have 2mbps, u will be downloading data on 230kbps?? with torrent, its not always that u will be able to get this speed, it depends on seeds... but with megauplaod, there is not one file that i cannot download.....anytime...anyday.. whetver i want..
i also explained the system i used.. try it guys,,, having problem just ask me..
for my case, torrent, i get only 30kb or 40... not everytime.. it sometime stays on 10 kb... i dont get good dl speed...
u have some tricks varun? plz show us.. it may be of us for me.. specially in periods where i cannot use the happy hours.. Smile

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 21:14

We have already covered the basic tricks in the previous posts. Go through the whole topic, you'll find them. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 21:16

okay.. Smile

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 1:35

Just to point out another advantage of the BitTorrent protocol over Megaupload or Rapidshare, users don't have to search for 10 or 100 of links for a 10 GB file. Just a simple torrent file of some kilobytes is enough to download a file of even 1 terabyte. Also, websites like The Pirate Bay provides a very comprehensive and efficient classification of their torrent files, which gives users a hassle-free experience. Moreover, the newer versions of uTorrent have everything packed in one application; from the torrent search to file downloads.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 12:13

varun can you post a link from where you downloaded this version of torrent?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 17:50

Varun (Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 21.35) wrote:Does the status bar of your uTorrent window now show a tick in a green circle, Kavi?

By the way, this topic has been used more in a question and answer style. So, I suggest we move it in Help Center and change the title to simply BitTorrent. Do you all agree?
Nobody has reacted to this yet. confused

Jeet (Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 12.13) wrote:varun can you post a link from where you downloaded this version of torrent?
Go to www.utorrent.com and get the latest version.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 17 Dec 2010 - 1:05

as we can see you cant get your 2 mb/s max speed on a single torrent . it comes to max speed by adding all torrents downloading together thus it takes more time to get something whereas on megauplaod you get max speed from start and thus can get 1 thing much faster

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 7:27

Once again, I have a 2 Mbit/s internet connection, not a 2 MB/s one. Is it so hard to recall?

Anyway, I have noticed that you frequently base your statements on assumptions, not facts. So, just to clear your doubts, have a look at the screenshot below. I have paused 4 out of 5 of my downloads in uTorrent and it's downloading at maximum speed.

Last edited by Varun on Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 9:16; edited 1 time in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 15:26

lol i know its 2 mbit but for shorter typing i just write 2mb hoping that the person reading is intelligence to understand that i mean 2 mbit lol ( i guess i will start using 256 kb/s as from now so that there is no more confusion)
Ok lets stop this matter now all i can say is taht not everyone gets there max speed on torrent and it all depends on the stuffs the person wants to download so an alternative is there for these person who dont get what is expected from the torrents

side note:
lol at the filesize 80 gb take ages to finish and are you gonna have all that time to watch all of them lol

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 23:37

I sincerely think the intelligent will prefer to write it the way it's meant to be written else confusion will reign, not comprehension.

Anybody can get optimal or maximum speed via BitTorrent if the settings are well tuned. That will of course depend on your internet modem and your ISP parameters.

Last but not least, forget that 80+ GB of The Simpsons because I have about 3 TB of movies and TV serials stored on my hard disk drives at this time and it will take me approximately 5-6 years to watch all of them if I decide to watch one movie or one serial episode per day.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 21:40

Mo ti p assiz dan bis enn foi ek 2 garson ti asiz lor banket derier moi. Sakenn ti p lager so koter: enn la pou uTorrent ek lot Rapidshare. Mo ti telman anvi tourne moi ek donn zot l'address forum sa ler la. Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Tue 2 Aug 2011 - 23:38

Sa em to ti bzn fer Very Happy

Haha don l'address forum XD

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:44

Yeah, that would have broaden the debate.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:46

Would you, guys, have done that? Shocked

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 15:47

I have done it on two or three occassions. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:01

And what happened?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:04

Some have registered and participated in the forum while some have ignored.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum