The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

The Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final

Post by Varun on Tue 7 Jul 2009 - 17:35

Did I miss something? I never even heard of it... confused

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Re: The Final

Post by Sneha on Tue 7 Jul 2009 - 18:35

A few months ago, I read in some local newspaper that the debate contest had been postponed from January to June 2009 supposedly due to the exams of the participants. Since then, I haven't heard a word or read anything in particular about the debate. confused Have you, people?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 7 Jul 2009 - 19:55

This is absurd... Personal stuffs of the participants are even being considered? WOW!

But June 2009 is already behind us, isn't it? And still, I didn't hear anything. Suspect

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 13:42

Finalemen mo trouvé ki li bon mem nou pann al de lavan avek sa déba la. Nou ti pou res atann mem sa final la kouma dir... Rolling Eyes

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 20:18

So, hasn't the final taken place? Shocked

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 7:21

I dunno... Evil or Very Mad

Mo croir Cisco ine gagne laguer avek MBC, akoz sa mem si ine fer final mé zot pann passé lor MBC. lol!

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 7:29

Sneha wrote:I dunno... Evil or Very Mad

Mo croir Cisco ine gagne laguer avek MBC, akoz sa mem si ine fer final mé zot pann passé lor MBC. lol!
You meant Cyber-Rite? Suspect

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 16:43

Euh wi. Embarassed

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 8:58

I think a regulatory body should be created by the government to look after the good running of these types of competitions, else people will be used as a marketing tool freely and unlawfully.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 19:52

Marketing tool, how in this case? scratch

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 19:57

The way each debate was broadcasted live on the national TV was huge and everybody came to know about Cyber-Rite in Mauritius. So, wasn't it a kind of publicity?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 19:59

Yeah, it's true... Shocked

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 3:16

Hi,

This is my understanding of things.

Cyber-Rite is the sponsor of the event and offered the cash prize to the winner of the debate. The Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation is the organiser of the debate. Again, to the best of my understanding, Cyber-Rite is waiting for the MBC to run the finale and declare the winning team.

Disclaimer: My brother in law is the CEO of Cyber-Rite.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 18:33

This may also be possible. Surprised

How irresponsible of the MBC team! They do amateur type of work and claim to be professionals. lol!

When will there be true competitors against the Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation? scratch

I'm sure it'll be fun to watch MBC then. Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 9:32

Ey Sneha to koner MBC c'est ene compagnie ki pas pu lesse ban competitors open up here in Mauritius.

Recently a company wanted to settle in mauritius, it was offering at least 50 international channels, but they were prevented to come in Mauritius by the MBC.

So you see if this continues, one would remain unsatisfied with this MBC thing.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 11:08

Jeet wrote:Recently a company wanted to settle in mauritius, it was offering at least 50 international channels, but they were prevented to come in Mauritius

Source of your news?

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 16:34

I forgot, but i can assure that it is true since i know some people who also heard about this matter.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 15:06

simpleguy wrote:Cyber-Rite is the sponsor of the event and offered the cash prize to the winner of the debate.
Has the final taken place? Who is the winner? scratch

simpleguy wrote:The Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation is the organiser of the debate. Again, to the best of my understanding, Cyber-Rite is waiting for the MBC to run the finale and declare the winning team.
Cyber-Rite is waiting for the MBC to run the final or broadcast it? confused

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 16 Dec 2009 - 10:25

The final has not taken place

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 12:09

Ok, but why is Cyber-Rite waiting for so much time, that is the question???

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 15:20

Jeet wrote:Ok, but why is Cyber-Rite waiting for so much time, that is the question???

As I said earlier, Cyber-Rite does not produce the Debate itself. The show is produced by the MBC. Cyber-Rite is a sponsor who will award Rs 1 Million to the winning team of the debate.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 19:47

So, what's the problem with the MBC? scratch

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 21:09

Yeah that is what am asking?
Since Cyber-Rite is already to sponsor that amount of money then why is it taking time for the final to take place?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 21:44

I am low on details. The best thing to do is to call the MBC or Cyber-Rite and ask.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 23:37

I'm sure the MBC will redirect us to Cyber-Rite if we call them. On the other hand, I've called your brother-in-law (the CEO of Cyber-Rite) on his personal cellphone on numerous occassions but he has never answered the phone. Moreover, the land line of Cyber-Rite is 95% of the time out of order, non-existent, busy or I don't know what. So, thanks but I don't want to call them ever again.

Anyway, from a personal assumption, I think the problem is more with Cyber-Rite than with the MBC because I still remember how Cyber-Rite used to change everything from the rules of participation to their conditional offer(s) concerning the debate contest.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 2:02

Hi,

I found this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Cnk6qGQFs

Further in the video, there is one episode of the Debate show. Its presented as "Organised by the MBC in collaboration with Cyber-Rite"

Further in the opening credits, there is a mention of the show being Produced and Directed by Haresh Vyas. I do not know who this person is.

For updated contact information for Cyber-Rite, refer to http://cyber-rite.net/index.php?pageid=11

Disclaimer: I've never watched a single episode of the show. I saw this thread, got curious about the show and searched around.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 14:24

The text responses of that video are full of hatred towards the CEO of Cyber-Rite. I wonder if they are for the final which hasn't taken place or for the academy itself. scratch

There's one thing I know though, Haresh Vyas is a programme/show producer at the MBC.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 19:23

I would not know why these words of hatred are there. I'm assuming when you run a company of this magnitude, you can't make everyone happy. Thanks for the info on who Mr Haresh Vyas is.
Being the producer for the show, he will have the right answers to your questions. Who else will know more about a show than its producer ? :-)

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 13:45

According to me those words are there, because perhaps the man who wrote it got to know about a bitter truth or doesn't like a particular person, with whom he may have got a bad experience.

Unitil Mr Haresh Vyas provide answers, we will have to wait.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 13:51

Mr Haresh Vyas will not provide any answers until he is asked questions. Makes sense doesn't it?

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 13:52

Well do you think we are the only ones asking questions.
Am sure the media is doing the same.
Did you think about that?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 14:17

If the media would have been asking questions about the final, we would have seen it on TV or heard it on radio or read it in newspapers. It's not the media that is asking questions, Zit but we, the countrymen and I think it's not loud enough to reach the ears of Mr Haresh Vyas else he would have given a convenient explanation for the sudden disappearance of the final in the media.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 16:07

You are right

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 6 Jul 2011 - 21:32

Hello,
The MBC has apparently sued Cyber Rite Co Ltd according to this court document

http://www.gov.mu/scourt/pubcauselist/pubViewDocumentP.do?cat=15&wy=201114

Current news that Cyber Rite Co Ltd is winding up and is under receivership. There is no other information regarding the debate final itself. I am going to speculate, without any evidence, that it will not happen.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 20:15

I feed sad for all those who have worked so hard for that debate competition.

Anyway, for what reason is the MBC suing Cyber-Rite?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top