The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Points & Reputation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Points & Reputation

Post by Varun on Fri 20 Mar 2009 - 0:01

First topic message reminder :

We have now implemented a points and reputation system allowing members to evaluate themselves or even to compete with others.

How are points calculated?

• 1 point generated by each new reply.
  • 3 points generated by the creation of each new topic.
Reputation system: Evaluation + button

In each reply, "+" and "-" buttons to rate the message will be apparent. Each positive or negative rate will make you win or lose a reputation point.

The button allows a member who created a topic to thank the user who posted the most appropriate message. The latter then receives 3 points and the post appears highlighted.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Re: Points & Reputation

Post by Prithvi on Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 13:42

Don't you think that now the matter (the cold war between these two) has come to an end, the points, reputation, and thanks should be re-enabled?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 20:31

Is it because of these two fellows that this system was disabled??

Then why coming up with it again???

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 12:14

One has permanently disabled her account, so I don't think there will be a chance for this fight to crop up again!
Anyway, due to these two, we can't discriminate others who do not have a hand in this...

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 20:50

Let the administrators decide then Smile

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 11:43

I'm undecided. Should we add a poll?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 13:26

A poll will be better I guess... Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 13:30

What if the abuse continues?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:05

What if there is no more abuse?

Anyway, i would suggest that as a member's hierarchical rank gets higher, he shall obtain rights such as thank, votes and all...

In case of abuse, he/she shall have to bear the consequences by resetting his/her rank in the forum thus restricting the access to voting and all..

What say?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:10

I don't think it'll be fair to base it on hierarchy. Moreover, there's no guarantee that someone with a thousand posts won't make any abuse of that feature.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:15

Why won't it be fair to base it on hierarchy?
What's the use of the hierarchy then?
A show-off?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:27

May be you did not recall the "Jeet aka Phenom" episode.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 16:35

I do remeber boy!
For that, I would say let bygones be bygones!
Anyway, Jeet wasn't able to do any such votings or what due to his negative reputation. In what way is it related to points and reputation then?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 17:20

You have a very short memory. Jeet has used another account with the username Phenom to balance his reputation based on voting.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 18:24

Well, that's your responsibility! You should ensure that there is no fraud here. What's our fault in this matter?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 18:50

Prithvi wrote:Well, that's your responsibility! You should ensure that there is no fraud here. What's our fault in this matter?

You are right Prithvi. It is the administrator's work to ensure that there is no corruption in the forum.
Concerning Jeet, its past and no need to bring all these back. monkey

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 19:52

So Varun, what's your decision?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 20:12

Give him some time guys :/

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 20:25

Corruption? Eski to koné ki apel corruption, Vishaan? lol!

Li vrai ki c'est responsabilité administrater, Vishaan & Prithvi, et noune fer ceki ti bisin kan ti bisin. Mo kroir zonn blié ki kelkes un parmi zot mem ki ti fer abu de Points & Reputation, 2 foi sa osi, ek akoz sa ti tir sa. Alor, avek boukou considération et pou le bien du forum, monn desid pou maintenir nou décision lor Points & Reputation.

Mo pansé ki li pou initil nou kontigné sa debat la vu ke c'est mo décision final. Osi, c'est pa bann zafer kom points ki pou avans le partage des opinions lor sa platform la parski kan pa tiena li avan, forum ti p mars correctemen et pourkoi pa aster la? Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:21

Then, what about disabling the hierarchies?
That shall not make any such difference. "C'est pas bann zafer kom hierarchy ki pou avans le partage des opinions lor sa platform la parski kan pa tiena li avan, forum ti p mars correctemen et pourkoi pa aster la?" Fair enough?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 21:50

I can't understand why you're trying to twist my words, Prithvi. If you have any problem with the User Hierarchical Ranking System, you should have voiced out your opinion in June 2008 when that feature was implemented. Ironically, you have welcomed it.

However, just to answer your question, let me remind you that the User Hierarchical Ranking System has not done any harm to the community so far unlike the Points & Reputation feature. On the other hand, I would like you to explain to me how the Points & Reputation system will contribute in bringing this platform to another level?

In my opinion, it'll be fair enough if you stop bringing unnecessary arguments forward.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 14:08

Anyway, it was the administrators who wanted to implement it! I gave my agreement not only to the hierarchies but the also to the voting rights! Razz Still, it has been disabled! So, what's so strange if i'm now against the hierarchies?

Still, it brings me back to my question that how the User Hierarchical Ranking System will contribute in bringing this platform to another level?

Unnecessary arguments! I'm only voicing out my opinions! If from your point of view these are arguments, so be it! By the way, i do have this much right to voice out, nah?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 18:34

Prithvi, as previously explained by Sneha, Points & Reputation has been disabled due to a reason; abuse of the feature. Now, after much consideration our decision is not to reactivate it.

Prithvi wrote:By the way, i do have this much right to voice out, nah?
This platform doesn't offer you any right, you're only entitled to privileges.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top