The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Manchester City Emulates Chelski

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manchester City Emulates Chelski

Post by Amit on Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 12:58

Following the recent takeover of mancity from Abu Dhabi Group cash is flowing like water in mancity account to buy players. City tried to rob berbatov from manutd and even hijacked robinho from chelski. Cash coming in could create a huge turmoil in the transfer market but for the time being it's all safe coz the market is closed. What will happen in the near future? Will we see another chelski booming? With so much cash city will force itself in the elite of EPL. With chelsea the BIG FOUR emerged now will we see the BIG FIVE?

This season many club can find themselves lucky that the takeover of mancity occured only late in the transfer window if not city would have robbed all the players. The owners of the group even said " we are ready to offer 60 million pounds for 1 player" Who wouldn't be tempted with such an offer. I believe they will surely scout talents and bring them to the club for whatever money it takes. This season we can sleep peacefully but it could be disturbed during the winter transfer window which opens in January. In the near future i believe the BIG FIVE will be known. When chealsea was bought by Abra... it was nicknamed chelski i wonder what will that of city be? scratch

Last edited by Amit on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 0:55; edited 1 time in total

Amit
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester City Emulates Chelski

Post by Varun on Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 21:17

Amit wrote:Cash coming in could create a huge turmoil in the transfer market but for the time being it's all safe coz the market is closed.
I don't think the word turmoil is the right one here unless Manchester City emulates the Lazio of the late 1990s and today's Real Madrid.

What I mean is that history taught us that even if a team has the world's best 11 eleven players on the field they don't necessarily make it as the world's best team.

What did Lazio win during that period and what have Real Madrid achieved lately with their galacticos? Yes, if trying to rob a player from a team who doesn't listen to offers and then lose the player they wanted to replace with the former is called achieving something then that's another story. Razz

However, England, the motherland of football, is a bit different from the match fixing scandals in Italy and president election oriented football in Spain. So, I hope and believe the cash influx in Manchester City's account will surely raise the football of the English Premier League to even another height, which will only bring in more competitiveness.

Amit wrote:When chealsea was bought by Abra... it was nicknamed chelski i wonder what will that of city be? scratch
Something like Abu Dhabi City or better, Abu Dhabi United? lol!

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amit on Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 22:05

City owner's are ready to invest whatever it takes to make city one of best and they will be challenging for champions league as from season 2009. That's what they said and also mentioned they are are ready to pay 60 millions for a player. They are ready to bid excess amount so don't you believe they will destabilise the transfer market by paying more. I don't understand why you don't agree with the word turmoil and i also said for the time being it's safe but in the near future that will occur. By robbing robinho from chelski by an audacious late minute bid city is playing trouble makers and already started to show their strength in terms of money.

Amit
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 0:28

Trouble makers? Again, wrong expression!

It's the player who decides whether to accept the contract or not. He can't be forced. Just like Manchester City bidded in excess of 35 million, they couldn't steal Berbatov even though Manchester United only bidded with 30.5 million simply because it was the player's wish to play for Manchester United, not for any other team because don't forget, there were Bayern Munich and Real Madrid also who joined in the race to sign the Bulgarian.

Same goes to Cristiano Ronaldo's saga... Even with 80 million Real Madrid couldn't do anything because first the player has a contract to honour and second, Manchester United didn't accept any offer.

If a club bids for a player, the potential selling team should first accept the offer and if the player agrees then only the deal goes through else, nothing can be done. Of course, if the player is out of contract then money isn't needed at all for him to move to another club.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amit on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 0:52

But wat about robinho's case? u seem to forget it completely. Chelsea made lower bid for ronbinho and he wanted to go there because of scolari's influence but in the end he ended up in city's camp with the audacious bid!!! Real themself said they dont wanna chelsea offer. So robinho if had to leave only city was available. So club accority play a major and i fink both player and club have to reach an agreement. But for me the robinho's case is a clear example of city showing their money and causing trouble. Of course ambition plays a major role. Big clubs and successful one will always attract players just as berba admiration for manutd but u seem to again forget that chelsea before the abra era was not a successful one but still with its money abra brought talent to the club another example the robben case. Robben was first brought to old trafford for a visit by fellow national colleague Van Nisterooy but in the end he opted for chelsea who didnt even won title for years. Why did he opted for stamford bridge there. Well money talks i believe!!!

Heh varun like the topic here but seems nobody esle interested except us!!! bez sa Sad Mo ti penser ena en tas football fans ici moi!!!

varun mo ti pu suggest toi create en poll pu metter ki nickname cpv done man city!!!

Amit
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 18:30

Of course, money talks but not for everybody. Here we can conclude that money talks for Robinho, not for Berbatov. It depends on the personality of the player after all. However, I don't think that heavy influx of money will be harmful to football as I underlined before.

I also think that team management is another factor which should be considered in this matter. Take the example of Real Madrid where it's not the coach who decides which player should be in and out, but the president and for what purpose? Just to be re-elected for another reign. For me, this is unacceptable.

Now, take the example of Manchester United and Bayern Munich where only the coaching staff decides which player should be in and out and the administrative staff only deals with administrative stuffs.

Amit wrote:Heh varun like the topic here but seems nobody esle interested except us!!! bez sa Sad Mo ti penser ena en tas football fans ici moi!!!
I would suggest you to invite those who you think would be very interested in debating these things.

Amit wrote:varun mo ti pu suggest toi create en poll pu metter ki nickname cpv done man city!!!
This topic is yours. Edit the first post and add the poll yourself if you want. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top