The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Movies - Your Reviews

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movies - Your Reviews

Post by Bhavna on Sat 28 Jun 2008 - 17:23

First topic message reminder :

hey i was thinking that this topic wud b on any new movies that any1 watched n wud recommend others to watch too. as at time its hard to find good movies n wen u rent one, 1/4 way thru u find it boring and annoying. so here u can say which movies are good n bad. pa bizin only ban fim new release..mem ban c kine gai un peu years, it doesnt matter! ok i'll start

i watched Atonement hier n i think it is a very good movie..its abt how sme1s lies can destroys sme1s life. its a very deep n emotional type of movie n i think is was fab.
i also watched Nanny's diary..i shud say the movie had nothing appealing in it..typical chick flicks n quite boring although i love Scarlet Johanson!

zordi mone guet Beowulf..didnt life it..waste of time n money!
n i watched August Rush..ohh my God..this is a good movie for those who like emotional movies. its abt a kid who was seperated from his parents n found them 11yrs later just bt following the 'music'..i nearly cried wen i watched it!

Bhavna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies - Your Reviews

Post by Jeet on Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 12:13

merde, mo pane ressi watch as from the start, 1/4 film fini passer, lerla mone ressi guet li entier! i started to watch where 007 was in a holicopter!
well i'd rate the film: good, as my choice is such! Smile

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 29 Nov 2010 - 12:51

And I'll say that it was neither too bad nor too good.

As for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, I couldn't watch completely because I was really tired and was feeling damn sleepy. Therefore, I watched only a quarter of the movie and I didn't like George Lazenby's acting at all. He was not as charming as Sean Connery whose acting was much more natural and appealing. The way Lazenby delivered his lines were not as enthusiastic as that of Sean Connery's who was always enjoying his life even during his missions. He didn't appear to be THE "James Bond 007". Neutral

You, guys, are in holidays and no one has watched even a movie? Unbelievable! Shocked

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 5 Dec 2010 - 10:01

bez sa, mo ti al guet film si, mone rentre en retard, lerla mone dir laisse tomber! but sa semaine la ou lot semaine mo pu al guet 1 joli film ek lerla pu dir zot kuma mone trouve li! Very Happy

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 6 Dec 2010 - 11:39

Mo pann kapav guet koumansman Les diamants Sont Eternels mai sa sequel la vo lapenn vu ke Sean Connery réfer apparition kom James Bond. Very Happy

Pour le moment, mo pianvi guet Copains Pour Toujours. Li paret enn fim sympa ek bien komik. Chek so trailer, mo sir zot pou anvi guété. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 23:02

Well... il y a 2-3 semains.. mn get The Box et 2012....

2012 la pluto 1 zistoire comun... so ban effect pluto original mais ban dimoun ki abitier get fim kapav fini predire seki pu ariV... c a dir.. li tro commun... pan tro satisfais avk li.. =/

The Box C 1 fim ki mo conseil zot tou geT... li 1 fim ki ena tou seki bzn.. sof eu peu de comedie... Li ossi imP conpliK mais... si zot reflechi imP... zot pu compren li Very Happy et osi... ena 1 joli moral ki bzn tirE depi sa fim la... Wink Mon bien aprecié fim la...

Et Mercredi, mn al get Happy Rotter, eps Harry Potter cinema.. Very Happy
Plito korek... avk ban effects et tou.... mn apreciE Very Happy

gotta watch these 3 movies guys Very Happy Very Happy

And.. im looking forward to watch 'Copains pour toujours'... paret top Very Happy

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 3:51

Kuma zot fr pu get sa ban fim la dubbed in french? :S

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Last played:

http://www.last.fm/user/vishxxx

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 11:59

XanDr wrote:The Box C 1 fim ki mo conseil zot tou geT... li 1 fim ki ena tou seki bzn.. sof eu peu de comedie... Li ossi imP conpliK mais... si zot reflechi imP... zot pu compren li Very Happy et osi... ena 1 joli moral ki bzn tirE depi sa fim la... Wink Mon bien aprecié fim la...
Varun pou download fim la pou moi la... Wink

visham wrote:Kuma zot fr pu get sa ban fim la dubbed in french? :S
Oops, pann pans a sa. Bein mo ava guet Grown Ups dan so plas alor. Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 1:01

lol you just download a french dvdrip lol

I watched copain pour toujours its really cool so hilarious

_________________________________________________________________________________________

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 1:31

vinesh wrote:

lol you just download a french dvdrip lol

I watched copain pour toujours its really cool so hilarious

Dubbed movies suck.

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 21:02

Percy Jackson and the Omlympians, kikenn ine gete sa fim la. Am sure si gete sa lor Varun so system.

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 24 Dec 2010 - 0:50

ya i watched it but the special effects are not well made

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 7:36

Vishaan wrote:Percy Jackson and the Omlympians, kikenn ine gete sa fim la. Am sure si gete sa lor Varun so system.
Get your facts rights, it's called Percy Jackson & The Olympians - The Lightning Thief.

Also, don't forget to highlight the movie name by putting it in bold next time.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 16 Jan 2011 - 19:53

Varun wrote:For those who have watched You Only Live Twice aka On Ne Vit Que Deux Fois, how do you rate it?
Sneha wrote:And I'll say that it was neither too bad nor too good.
I watched You Only Live Twice yesterday and I would say below average but it was definitely better than Thunderball.

Sneha wrote:You, guys, are in holidays and no one has watched even a movie? Unbelievable! Shocked
And, it's over too. What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 14:31

I watched Tees Maar Khan and Guzaarish when it was broadcasted on MBC1 in the past few weeks.

Tees Maar Khan is such a waste of time. When I was watching the movie, I felt that this is the most nonsensical and bizarre comedy I've ever watched. It was an unpleasant film which appeared to be long and so tedious that I was wondering when will it finish? Rating: 0/5. Rolling Eyes

Guzaarish is a romantic drama movie in which Ethan Mascarenhas (Hrithik Roshan), a magician, becomes a quadriplegic after an accident while he was performing one of his dangerous magic tricks in front of his fans. From that day, for 12 years, Sofia D'Souza (Aishwarya Rai), a nurse, has been assisting Ethan day and night. One day, Ethan decides that he wants to die and thus, he files an appeal in court for Euthanasia which is formally rejected. The story is unusual and nice at the same time but what I didn't appreciate is that the movie lacked depth of emotions and some more adventure. In the middle, it was becoming monotonous to my taste. I'm not a fan of such films in general, but I found Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black better than this one. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by mfadilr on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 22:41

anybody tell me a nice movie to watch

mfadilr
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 22:47

Lately watched Harry Potter 7, 2nd part at caudan.

Then "Le Flingeur" also at the cinema.

Here are too interesting movies that you guys should watch.

PS. When I say should, its rather must =p

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 22:53

mfadilr wrote:anybody tell me a nice movie to watch
Mfadilr, there are 6 pages where you can find recommended and non-recommended movies. Why don't you have a look, watch a movie and share your views on it with us? Smile

Kavi wrote:Lately watched Harry Potter 7, 2nd part at caudan.

Then "Le Flingeur" also at the cinema.

Here are too interesting movies that you guys should watch.

PS. When I say should, its rather must =p
Could you give us more details on these two movies, Kavi? Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 22:53

This HP movie is rather light and less complicated than those we've viewed earlier. It is much focused on the occurings just before the final confrontation between the young wizard, Harry Potter and Voldemor Razz, in contrast with the episodes before, where most of us would have been entangled between the past events and the present ones.

Le Flingeur is a typical action movie. I just have 1 thing to say, Jason Statham is the best Very Happy (hurray)

Last week, I went to the cinema and had a VERY VERY nice time watching Transformers 3, The Dark of the Moon. I really don't have any word to describe what I felt when I was sitting in that room. The 3D iMax vision randered it perfect Smile

I just wanna say, from its debut till the end, its WOW. (al conpren =p)

U gotta watch these movies guys!!

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:18

Akoz tonn guet zot an 3D ki tonn kontan fim la ou fim la mem zoli, Kavi? Suspect

Vu ke tiena conzé zordi, monn guet Fast Five et monn kontan fim la an gro mem si so action pa ti p paret réel toultan, sirtu au komansman. Mai pou so climax, hats off! Chek so trailer... Wink

Kelke jours de cela monn guet Beethoven ki ti sorti an 1992. Fim la basé lor enn toutou et enn famiy avek ki li abité. Beethoven (toutou) telman adorab ki kan fim la ine fini monn guet so sekel, Beethoven 2nd. So lendemin, monn guet Beethoven 3rd et Beethoven 4th. Si zonn anvi guet enn fim pou distrer zot et si zot kontan lisien, mo pou dir zot 'go for it'. cheers

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 16:26

Fim la ti excellent, du debut a la fin. Mon dir 3D la in ran li perfect =p

Btw, Fast Five pa pu zouer dan cinema??? oO

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 10:29

Kavi wrote:Last week, I went to the cinema and had a VERY VERY nice time watching Transformers 3, The Dark of the Moon. I really don't have any word to describe what I felt when I was sitting in that room. The 3D iMax vision randered it perfect Smile
If only we had an IMAX theatre in Mauritius... What a Face

Sneha wrote:Kelke jours de cela monn guet Beethoven ki ti sorti an 1992. Fim la basé lor enn toutou et enn famiy avek ki li abité. Beethoven (toutou) telman adorab ki kan fim la ine fini monn guet so sekel, Beethoven 2nd. So lendemin, monn guet Beethoven 3rd et Beethoven 4th. Si zonn anvi guet enn fim pou distrer zot et si zot kontan lisien, mo pou dir zot 'go for it'. cheers

I watched the first movie of that franchise more than 15 years ago and I don't remember the movie at all. I need to watch all of them in the coming days.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Fri 9 Sep 2011 - 0:17

lol I wonder where you got to see imax in mauritius.

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 19:43

Kavi, talked about IMAX 3D, not about IMAX. IMAX 3D and IMAX are not the same. You don't need a special IMAX venue to watch an IMAX 3D movie. It can be projected in conventional theatres without any problem. You just need a pair of 3D eyeglasses, which I assume will be provided by the theatres.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Mon 19 Sep 2011 - 23:57

Like nvidia says it " The way it meant to be played" , an IMAX 3d movie must be viewed on an Imax screen for the best experience!!!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 0:06

It seems you didn't get the point, vinesh. IMAX 3D movies have been recorded to be played in conventional theatres while IMAX movies are meant to be watched in IMAX venues.

On another note, I do not see any point in bringing Nvidia's slogan forward.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 0:22

Varun wrote:It seems you didn't get the point, vinesh. IMAX 3D movies has been developed to be watched in conventional theatres while IMAX movies are meant to be watched in IMAX venues.

I cant understand what you talking about. What i know is that the "true" IMAX 3d is when in an IMAX theatre, 2 projectors are used one for each image and shutter glasses are used!
I cant see how you can play a true imax 3d movie which has a higher resolution than a normal movie, in a normal theatre.

What you have in normal theatres is use of polarised glasses!!!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 1:00

Hi,

I watched The Dark Knight which had some scenes shot in IMAX at the BFI IMAX Theater in Waterloo London.

In a nutshell, IMAX is about superior screen size and resolution. It's counter productive to shoot something on IMAX film and then project it on a conventional screen, not built to IMAX specifications.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 18:52

vinesh wrote:
Varun wrote:It seems you didn't get the point, vinesh. IMAX 3D movies has been developed to be watched in conventional theatres while IMAX movies are meant to be watched in IMAX venues.

I cant understand what you talking about. What i know is that the "true" IMAX 3d is when in an IMAX theatre, 2 projectors are used one for each image and shutter glasses are used!
I cant see how you can play a true imax 3d movie which has a higher resolution than a normal movie, in a normal theatre.

What you have in normal theatres is use of polarised glasses!!!
simpleguy wrote:Hi,

I watched The Dark Knight which had some scenes shot in IMAX at the BFI IMAX Theater in Waterloo London.

In a nutshell, IMAX is about superior screen size and resolution. It's counter productive to shoot something on IMAX film and then project it on a conventional screen, not built to IMAX specifications.
I couldn't find precise information on IMAX's website but I got something from Wikipedia, which I guess will give you some insight on what I wanted to explain.

Wikipedia wrote:Several films produced in a smaller-format 3D process for release in conventional theatres have also been presented in IMAX 3D, including Toy Story 3, Tron: Legacy, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Avatar.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX#IMAX_3D

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 19:37

Here's the deal.

You have conventional-size/resolution and IMAX size/resolution format
Then you've got conventional image type (2d) and then you've got 3D

Now mix those up and you've got

1. Conventional size/resolution movies in 2D (the most common that we watch in movie theaters)
2. IMAX size/resolution movies in 2D (Shown in IMAX equipped theaters)
3. Conventional size/resolution movies in 3D (Just like Transformers 3 was shown at Star Cinemas recently)
4. IMAX size/resolution movies in 3D (Shown in IMAX theaters equipped with the appropriate equipment to achieve the stereoscopy)

I hope this clears things up

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 20:05

IMAX uses a 15/70 mm negative (for the higher resolution) and it can only be projected in an IMAX venue. I acknowledge this fact.

However, I was unable to find precise information on what negative size(s) IMAX 3D uses. If the negative size is the same as for IMAX then for sure it would be counter productive to project an IMAX 3D movie on a conventional theatre screen or project a conventional 3D movie on an IMAX 3D screen.

The statement I quoted from Wikipedia above seems a little misleading in my opinion.

On a side note, do you think we should split the IMAX discussion into a different topic?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Tue 20 Sep 2011 - 21:51

IMAX 3D is IMAX with stereoscopy. No need to split, there is not much left to talk about IMAX at this point.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 22:53

Kavi wrote:Last week, I went to the cinema and had a VERY VERY nice time watching Transformers 3, The Dark of the Moon. I really don't have any word to describe what I felt when I was sitting in that room. The 3D iMax vision randered it perfect Smile

I just wanna say, from its debut till the end, its WOW. (al conpren =p)

U gotta watch these movies guys!!
Great then, I'll watch it when I can. Wink

I've watched a couple of movies these days. Some were pleasant while others were satisfactory. First of all, Action Replayy, Crook, Lafangey Parindey, Patiala House and Ready are not worth watching unless you want to pass time. The scripts are different from each other, but I didn't find any of them to my taste. I would rate 2 over 5 for all of them.

Double Dhamaal was not double the fun of the movie Dhamaal, but it wasn't that bad as long as I enjoyed laughing my heads off in some scenes.

As for Marley & Me (2008), it was fun to watch. It's about a family adventure with the world's worst dog becoming a lovable & long-time loyal dog throughout the end. I found myself laughing and crying at times. This movie has lessons to tell as to how a family evolves around a pet without giving it much importance. It's worth a watch! Smile

Yesterday I watched Avatar. WOW, amazing and heartwarming special effects! The creation of blue people living in another virtual world, which happens to be so colourful, bright and stunning, is out of this world. Hats off to the imagination and creativity of James Cameron! As I read somewhere, it is impossible to watch Avatar without being banged over the head with the director's ideological hammer. Guys, you gotta watch it! Share your opinions if you have already done it. Razz

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 20:35

Sneha wrote:Yesterday I watched Avatar. WOW, amazing and heartwarming special effects! The creation of blue people living in another virtual world, which happens to be so colourful, bright and stunning, is out of this world. Hats off to the imagination and creativity of James Cameron! As I read somewhere, it is impossible to watch Avatar without being banged over the head with the director's ideological hammer. Guys, you gotta watch it! Share your opinions if you have already done it. Razz
After reading your description, I've decided to put this movie next in my list to watch. Very Happy

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 21:36

OMG you have not watched this movie yet!!!
This is one of the best movies having awesome scenes and superb special effects!!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 22:14

As vinesh said, you gotta watch it baby. I'm wondering how the sound and image quality is going to be on your computer system. What a Face

Don't forget to give us your feedback, sweetheart. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 15:09

Any monitor under 24 inch does not do cinema any justice. I have been tracking some BluRay discounts on Amazon UK and been buying a few at discounted prices. Some day when I own a large screen TV, I am gonna watch them :-)

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 19:19

bluray? u BUY it? oO... Shocked

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 20:09

Sneha wrote:As vinesh said, you gotta watch it baby. I'm wondering how the sound and image quality is going to be on your computer system. What a Face

Don't forget to give us your feedback, sweetheart. Wink
I'll watch it on this Sunday... May be. Smile

simpleguy wrote:Any monitor under 24 inch does not do cinema any justice.
My eyes are only 160 cm away from my computer monitor when I watch movies. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 22:38

I already own the movie in a 3 bluray disc limited version lol
There are lots of scenes(removed scenes) which you havent seen in the actual movie!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 22:48

Naz wrote:bluray? u BUY it? oO... Shocked

Yes Bluray

And yes I buy the ones that I can afford. Why are you shocked?

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 23:12

LOL people who only download pirated movies are always shocked when hear that someone is buying an original!!

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 23:28

vinesh wrote:I already own the movie in a 3 bluray disc limited version lol
There are lots of scenes(removed scenes) which you havent seen in the actual movie!
I have a 720p BDRip of the collector's extended cut of Avatar, which is the longest one with 16 additional minutes. Its total running time is 2 hours 58 minutes and 9 seconds. It's the same version as what you have but you also have the original theatrical cut and the special edition cut on your three-disc pack.

By the way, what's the aspect ratio of your collector's extended cut, vinesh? Suspect

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 23:42

i didnt really check that but since it played full screen 1080p it must have been 16:9

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by simpleguy on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 11:53

I recently got a box set of the Aliens movie series and the Matrix series on Bluray. That's Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien 4, The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions. Add two discs for Extras and we're at 9 discs. At about MUR 1,500, including shipping costs, it's more than reasonable to me. I admit, I originally watched those movies in downloaded form but it was worth buying.

The "Star" movie theaters at Bagatelle Mall of Mauritius are open. Tickets are said to be MUR 250 for regular movies and MUR 310 for movies screened in 3D.

simpleguy
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by vinesh on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 19:59

Rs 310 hmmm that seem quite expensive got to compromise on some pc parts to watch movies there lol

vinesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 23:32

Armageddon
watched today november the 2nd of the year 2011
Oh gosh a complete science fiction film.. full of space physics
its so so cool. go watch the attempt of nasa, in saving the world from a second big bang. Very Happy

Naz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 23:35

I watched it at its release in Cinema Star. That was more than a decade ago. However, I now have it in BDRip. So, I'll watch it soon. I remember there were some marvelous music too in the movie.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:52

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top