The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Movies - Your Reviews

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movies - Your Reviews

Post by Bhavna on Sat 28 Jun 2008 - 17:23

First topic message reminder :

hey i was thinking that this topic wud b on any new movies that any1 watched n wud recommend others to watch too. as at time its hard to find good movies n wen u rent one, 1/4 way thru u find it boring and annoying. so here u can say which movies are good n bad. pa bizin only ban fim new release..mem ban c kine gai un peu years, it doesnt matter! ok i'll start

i watched Atonement hier n i think it is a very good movie..its abt how sme1s lies can destroys sme1s life. its a very deep n emotional type of movie n i think is was fab.
i also watched Nanny's diary..i shud say the movie had nothing appealing in it..typical chick flicks n quite boring although i love Scarlet Johanson!

zordi mone guet Beowulf..didnt life it..waste of time n money!
n i watched August Rush..ohh my God..this is a good movie for those who like emotional movies. its abt a kid who was seperated from his parents n found them 11yrs later just bt following the 'music'..i nearly cried wen i watched it!

Bhavna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies - Your Reviews

Post by Sneha on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 20:58

Twé dir pou The Sixth Sense la?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 21:08

Exactment.....
Fim la extra interessant..

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 14 May 2009 - 9:29

I should watch The Sixth Sense again then because I could not understand it when I watched it some years ago. Rolling Eyes

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 15 May 2009 - 19:43

Koza, film la pe paret mari intéressant. Cool

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Fri 15 May 2009 - 20:45

Wai, you gotta watch it jeet....
Im sure dat u r goin to love it!! Very Happy

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sat 16 May 2009 - 11:58

Oki.
Si to pe dire mem. Razz

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 27 May 2009 - 18:54

Ok moi si mo try li! Very Happy

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Tue 9 Jun 2009 - 15:08

Kavi wrote:Avan yier mo ti al get Transporteurs 3!!!!

Nisaa Top sa Film!!!
Ena 1 bout kot ena 1 afrontment ent 1 Audi kont 1 mercedes...
Mari top sa bout la.. Audi lla resli manz ek mercedes la...

Varun to pu mari kontan sa film la..
MO konseille twa download li ek zot si ban friends!! Get sa film la.
Prithvi wrote:Dear friends i think the new releases are superb!!!!
Wats say?

Films like ghajini, quantum of solace, darkknight, transporteur 3... they are topo!
cheers
You're absolutely right, Kavi and Prithvi! I watched Transporteur 1, Transporteur 2 as well as Transporteur 3 and the three of them are outstanding. The action scenes where the actor tries to escape from others are awesome accompanied by the terrific and impressive sound providing intense and powerful thrill. Guys, watch this film, you'll not regret! Wink Here are two parts of the film I loved...

Then comes the horror and mystery type of film; The trilogy of The Grudge (2004, 2006 and 2009 respectively). Don't watch them at night, those horrible faces will come to your mind again and again leaving you awake all night long to stare the ceiling. If you think I'm kidding, then I'm not because I could not sleep properly for 2-3 days. On the other hand, if you get asleep, you'll have nightmares. affraid While watching the film you may not find anything scary or creepy, but The Grudge, the three of them, is spine-chilling when you think of those petrifying scenes later on. I recommend you this film only if you're sure you're ready and you wanna watch. Else, don't even try. What a Face

Did you watch Rock On and Fashion? I enjoyed watching both of them. Smile Rock On turns around only one theme: Music. It's about friends and relationships which break and eventually make up with time due to music. It's completely different from the usual trend of bollywood films and I would say that Fashion holds the same statement. As the title suggests, the film is about the world of glamour describing the lives of models and people around them. I really liked the role Kangana Ranaut played in the film. Great film, great work by the actors/actresses! You have to watch Rock On and Fashion... Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 10:50

Aloo Chaat was broadcasted on MBC1 last Thursday. Unfortunately, my TV antenna was broken and I couldn't watch it at that time.

However, I've downloaded it and watched it recently and again I'm asking myself the same old question; why aren't these films nominated for awards?

Well, it's definitely a good if not great movie and a very funny one... Watch it, guys! Smile

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Topic Title Changed

Post by Sneha on Sat 4 Jul 2009 - 21:55

This topic always talks about recommended movies but not about those which someone won't suggest others to watch due to certain reason(s). Hence, I've decided to change the title to Movies - Your Reviews.

Varun wrote:Aloo Chaat was broadcasted on MBC1 last Thursday. Unfortunately, my TV antenna was broken and I couldn't watch it at that time.

However, I've downloaded it and watched it recently and again I'm asking myself the same old question; why aren't these films nominated for awards?

Well, it's definitely a good if not great movie and a very funny one... Watch it, guys! Smile
Yes, I've watched it too. It is a nice comedy which can be enjoyed by the whole family if you're watching at home.

Why are you hurried, baby? Aloo Chaat was released on March 2009. For this reason, only next year the film will be judged to be awarded or not, isn't it?

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 21:44

Lolz.......... Varun thought that the film was produced long ago.

Hey Guys, I've been to the cinema last week, on Thursday to watch an anazing film namely Transformers 2, La Revanche. Its a FANTASTIC Fiction film about Auto-Bots (The giant Robots disguised in Cars). Those who didn't had the opportunity to watch Transformers 1, you gotta watch it in order to enjoy The second film. I'm not saying that u won't understand this film but you should watch the first one.

Well, i've also watched Harry Potter 6 but compared to the 5 previous ones, this one is different. I won't say more. U got to watch it.

I hope ur goin to appreciate these 2 new releases.
Cya......

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 7 Nov 2009 - 12:10

I didn't watch too many movies lastly though my collection has grown up to 300% since I last posted here but I really enjoyed the quadrilogy of Taxi.

The first two were superb comedy and action productions of Luc Besson but the last two weren't up to my expectations and I would definetely recommend you to watch Taxi and Taxi 2. Here's the opening scene of Taxi 2...

Last edited by Varun on Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 20:15; edited 3 times in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 15:09

Sa oui ta.
Seki pu gete Taxi, Taxi 2, Taxi 3, Taxi 4 , zot pu extra adore bann films la.
Moi mone extra apprécier sa bout seki tone publish Varun.
Ti tro top sa.
Ek mo kone ene dimoune ki ti pu dir sa mem sa bann cakes la to pe montrer bann zenfans la. Ki to dir Varun.

Last edited by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 8:16; edited 1 time in total

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 19:31

Sneha wrote:You're right, darling. There was another film which I really appreciated, Bheja Fry. The film is really simple, still, out of the ordinary. Indeed, that was something!
Awesome... Very Happy

Last edited by Varun on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 7:42; edited 3 times in total

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 13:17

Kavi wrote:Hey Guys, I've been to the cinema last week, on Thursday to watch an anazing film namely Transformers 2, La Revanche. Its a FANTASTIC Fiction film about Auto-Bots (The giant Robots disguised in Cars). Those who didn't had the opportunity to watch Transformers 1, you gotta watch it in order to enjoy The second film. I'm not saying that u won't understand this film but you should watch the first one.
I watched it too. It's not a bad film, but I prefer the first one. It's entertaining, there's thrill and excitement from the beginning till the end. Whereas the second is a bit too long so it becomes rather boring towards the end of the film. I was asking myself, when was it going to finish? Rolling Eyes

Varun wrote:I didn't watch too many movies lastly though my collection has grown up to 300% since I last posted here but I really enjoyed the quadrilogy of Taxi.

The first two were superb comedy and action productions of Luc Besson but the last two weren't up to my expectations and I would definetely recommend you to watch Taxi and Taxi 2. Here's the opening scene of Taxi 2...

I have the same opinion. Taxi and Taxi 2 are awesome films. If you haven't got the opportunity to watch them, you're losing much. The outrageous stunts and action sequences including plenty of speeding cars, battling ninjas, sky diving and a car chase through the streets and railway of Paris really impressed me. It's not only the humorous dialogues which you have to focus, but also the action happening out there. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 7:42

I wrote:
Sneha wrote:You're right, darling. There was another film which I really appreciated, Bheja Fry. The film is really simple, still, out of the ordinary. Indeed, that was something!
Awesome... Very Happy

About 11 years ago, a French comedy motion picture entitled Le Diner de Cons was released and I never got the opportunity to watch it until last night. Now, guess what?

Bheja Fry is a 99% carbon copy of Le Diner de Cons. Razz

However, I really don't regret watching Bheja Fry before the original Le Diner de Cons as the former is much better in screenplay but either way, a good laugh is guaranteed. Smile

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 8:30

Ca alors, puisque tone apprécier film, mo bizin gete sa ene kout la.

Ben sinon quoi de neuf?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishaan on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 14:31

Eo, ki ki ban fim Horreur ena ki kav geter?
Mo p apprecier ban fim la mem ke avan mo ti p gagne peur!

Vishaan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 15:19

Paranormal Activity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 16:41

Get The Exorcist

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 18:33

Jeet wrote:Eo, ki ki ban fim Horreur ena ki kav geter?
Mo p apprecier ban fim la mem ke avan mo ti p gagne peur!
Jyotsna wrote:Paranormal Activity...
Yeps. Paranormal Activity is about a couple being disturbed by a 'paranormal' presence especially when they are sleeping or trying to sleep. I recommend you to watch it at night to get a better effect. And yeah, wish you luck to sleep soundly after watching! What a Face

The Ring (2002) had some scary moments but it scared me only in my nightmares. A lot of early mysteries get explained in the end which tends to make it a film less scary and mysterious than it could have been. Nevertheless, it's definitely a must to see because of its unusual story. Wink

Ring 2 (1999), also called Ringu 2, is a japanese horror film. I won't talk much because there's nothing to be said, you only have to see it...

When A Stranger Calls (2006) is not that frightening but can be classified as a scary one. The scariest moment is when the stranger is standing right behind her and she doesn't realize it... affraid

Otherwise, I recommended the trilogy of The Grudge, The Sixth Sense and Turistas earlier. Only this much is coming to my mind for the moment, I'll let you know if there's more. In the mean, you have lots to watch, Vishaan.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 20:06

phewwwwwww, ena imper film ladan pu geter.
The Grudge mone geter, mais The Exorcist fer gagne plis per.
Mo conseille toi gete The Exorcist 1 avan lerla to compare sa ek The Grudge Sneha.
You are surely going to enjoy the thrills of this film.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 20:58

I know The Exorcist cannot be matched with the movies I listed above. In fact, I've decided to watch it at Varun's place so that I can enjoy it best with the THX sound system. I don't know when, but I'll wait until I can. Smile

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 10:40

Loll then you will surely get a great experience at his place.

You will also get the chance to experience your fear better.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 0:16

If you want my opinion, horror movies are best watched in winter... Cover yourself with a blanket on your couch, watch your movie on a big enough monitor, listen to it via a THX-certified speaker system and enjoy the thrill.

In summer though, I would recommend comedy films so that you can enjoy a good sleep just after.

Having said that, I watched The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Meet Dave and Meet The Fockers lately. They were superb comedy movies and I'm sure you'll definitely enjoy them...

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Meet Dave

Meet The Fockers

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 10:51

The 40-Year-Old Virgin really has some funny scenes. Here's another one having Mooj again...

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 14:52

Mooj style of talking is what I appreciated most in The 40-Year-Old Virgin but unfortunately I can't find a video of the scene I love most in the movie.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 19 Dec 2009 - 21:21

Are you talking about the video where Mooj is talking while singing? I've searched for it at least 2 hours without any result. Sad

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 13:22

It seems that some good movies are being proposed to be watched here
Well am going to download those films now.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 15:45

Thank you varun....
I've been looking for comedy movies like that. Very Happy

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 16:12

Be to bizin request ici ta.
You too can do the same, as you know a lot of movies, ain't it?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 20 Dec 2009 - 21:49

The Man in the Iron Mask is another movie I would recommend to those who are above 13 years old because of some inappropriate scenes. There's action, comedy, mystery, romance and suspense involved making it slightly different from ordinary films with quite the same scripts. A change is not bad at all after all.

"One for all, all for one..."; you shall understand this after seeing the movie. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 6:51

There have been several movies which have been entitled The Man in the Iron Mask but I'm sure you're referring to the UK/USA production, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Gabriel Byrne, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, and Gérard Depardieu.

I watched it in the theatre when it was released and I really enjoyed it although Rotten Tomates rate it as a critical failure.

I need to watch it once again though... Smile

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 16:40

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Embarassed Yeps darling, that's the movie I was talking about. Smile

Last sunday, I watched Armageddon. Lemme give you a quick summary: After a space shuttle explodes in space and New York City gets hammered by a meteor shower, NASA discovers a planet-killing asteroid of the size of Texas which is going to reduce the world to nothing in few days. After reviewing all plans of action, the only hope to save the globe is to recruit a team of best oil drillers to go up into orbit, land on the asteroid and drill to its core to plant and detonate a nuclear warhead to divert its path from the Earth by bringing it into two halves. However, when it comes to space, things don’t turn up well. No

Well, the effects are awesome, the audio… Outstanding! If only I could watch it with a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound or even better, a THX Sound System, it would be great because the sound is terrific with my ordinary 2.1 Sound System itself... Very Happy

Returning to the special effects, I was taken aback by the meteor shower across New York City while the latter was destroying the entire infrastructure coming on its way. There are many scenes where the effects really strike the senses, but I found the first 15 minutes and the 113-115 minutes superior. Guys, you gotta watch Armageddon. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 16:52

Ok, will watch it

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 31 Dec 2009 - 19:26

Sneha wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention. Embarassed Yeps darling, that's the movie I was talking about. Smile

Last sunday, I watched Armageddon. Lemme give you a quick summary: After a space shuttle explodes in space and New York City gets hammered by a meteor shower, NASA discovers a planet-killing asteroid of the size of Texas which is going to reduce the world to nothing in few days. After reviewing all plans of action, the only hope to save the globe is to recruit a team of best oil drillers to go up into orbit, land on the asteroid and drill to its core to plant and detonate a nuclear warhead to divert its path from the Earth by bringing it into two halves. However, when it comes to space, things don’t turn up well. No

Well, the effects are awesome, the audio… Outstanding! If only I could watch it with a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound or even better, a THX Sound System, it would be great because the sound is terrific with my ordinary 2.1 Sound System itself... Very Happy

Returning to the special effects, I was taken aback by the meteor shower across New York City while the latter was destroying the entire infrastructure coming on its way. There are many scenes where the effects really strike the senses, but I found the first 15 minutes and the 113-115 minutes superior. Guys, you gotta watch Armageddon. Wink
I watched this one too in theatre ages ago and I'll certainly watch it again in a few days, but this time on my THX-certified home theatre. Wink

By the way, from where did you get a subwoofer, darling? I thought you had a 3-way stereo sound system. scratch

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 2 Jan 2010 - 13:50

Varun wrote:By the way, from where did you get a subwoofer, darling? I thought you had a 3-way stereo sound system. scratch
I meant to say 2.0 sound system. Embarassed

I watched another movie this week called Contact. It is a science-fiction oriented film dealing with issues like balance between science and religion, life after death and supernatural beings. The emphasis that is being put on the simplicity of emotions surrounded by a very complex idea is why I found the film boring and not to my taste. The story is a good one being pure fiction, but I feel the movie could have been better. I dunno what to say much about this movie except from I expected more than what I saw. I won't recommend it to you unless you want to watch and give your opinion. Up to you... Neutral

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 10:18

Oookkk

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 11:08

I went to watch 3 Idiots at the theatre yesterday. Although the sound quality wasn't of the same high quality I'm used to on my Logitech Z-5500 Digital, I enjoyed the movie. The movie is a bit similar to Taare Zameen Par but this time, instead of revolving around children it was more about adults. I won't comment more than this because YOU'VE GOT TO WATCH IT, guys. Come on, it's Bollywood's biggest blockbuster with the biggest opening of all time. Smile

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 17:48

Yes, 3 Idiots' trailer and interviews intrigued me a lot. I'm gonna watch it for sure when it'll be out on DVD. Smile

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 19:54

Yeah yeah, 3 Idiots is too good.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 18:33

After reading varun's comments on this film, i GOTTA WATCH IT!!!!!

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 18:58

Jeet wrote:Yeah yeah, 3 Idiots is too good.
Did you watch it? Shocked

Kavi wrote:After reading varun's comments on this film, i GOTTA WATCH IT!!!!!
What was so convincing in my previous comment? Suspect

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 9:34

I've already downloaded and watched it partially but not to the end as the copy was CamRip.
So now i got to download another copy of 3 Idiots

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 11:48

I have watched the two spin-offs of Mr. Bean, Bean and Mr. Bean's Holiday, lately. Of course, I've watched all the TV episodes before and all I can say is that the TV episodes were much better.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 17:41

Surely, but this BEAN, you spoke about, is it a film.
Me too i've watched Mr.Bean's Holidays.
I really enjoyed the part where the song boombastic is played at a market.

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 18:56

Yeah, Bean is a film. It's the first spin-off of Mr. Bean.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 8:48

Ooooook

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sun 10 Jan 2010 - 21:33

Varun wrote:I have watched the two spin-offs of Mr. Bean, Bean and Mr. Bean's Holiday, lately. Of course, I've watched all the TV episodes before and all I can say is that the TV episodes were much better.
I preferred the TV serials too. The movies are not as entertaining and hilarious as the serials, perhaps that's why.

Hey, I've watched Independance Day (1996), another science-fiction film. Well, it's like most other stories where man meets an alien which turns out to be an antagonist. However, the sound and special effects were great. If you haven't watched till now, make it a must. You'll not regret spending 145 minutes on it. Wink

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Tue 12 Jan 2010 - 18:23

Ok, will download the film, since you are telling.
As for the Tv serials of Mr. Bean, those were the best!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top