The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Strategy Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strategy Games

Post by Bhavna on Tue 20 May 2008 - 18:11

Warcraft, Starcraft, Red Alert, etc...

any1 interested in these games?? bekoz i am...

Bhavna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Strategy Games

Post by visham on Fri 23 May 2008 - 3:32

lol! me, me, me! bounce used to play starcraft and warcraft ages ago (warcraft II was still new back then. haha), but dnt have time for that anymore Smile

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Fri 23 May 2008 - 17:35

Mwa mwe envi koner kuma zouer sa Warcraft la.
Boukou ban kam ti p dir mwa ki li mari seryer.
Must chek Rolling Eyes

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 23 May 2008 - 20:52

Hmmm... So, we do have gamers in our little community. Smile

Concerning strategy games, I am a real newbie. To be honest, I have never played one until now. I just installed Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War - Dark Crusade on my machine but I was simply unable to play the game.

I tried going through the in-game tutorial but it didn't help or rather I should say it was beyond my grasp and I was soon fed up of it.

Now, I don't know whether there are other games which can seduce me but my favourites are the Need For Speed series, FIFA series and some good car racing/rally games.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sat 24 May 2008 - 3:25

ur limiting urself n skipping some of the best games ever released Razz warhammer 40,000 rocks, played it during my holz in mtius.

Mwa mwe envi koner kuma zouer sa Warcraft la.
Boukou ban kam ti p dir mwa ki li mari seryer.
Must chek Rolling Eyes
Bet ur talkin abt the custom map reffered to as 'DOTA', basically warcraft III lol! Dnt bother, Starcraft II is round the corner n itz gna kick some major ass! Very Happy

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 24 May 2008 - 3:34

visham wrote:ur limiting urself n skipping some of the best games ever released Razz warhammer 40,000 rocks, played it during my holz in mtius.
The title itself is striking, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War - Dark Crusade, and I thought may be the game also would be a nice one but I don't even know how to play it. Can anybody help? Embarassed

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Sat 24 May 2008 - 4:36

hahahahha.. start with the likes of DOTA, sux when it comes to graphics (itz like 10 years old, wat else would u expect), but itz much easier to play... specially for noobs Very Happy. N u cnt learn 'how' to play, all u use is a freakin mouse. Razz (for starters!)

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 24 May 2008 - 15:40

Thanks for your help, Visham. It was very helpful. What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kavi on Sat 24 May 2008 - 20:36

lol!
haha...........

Kavi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Anoop on Sat 24 May 2008 - 23:49

Hey am a great fan of Warcraft even my previous nick on irc was kaelthas and arthas. But Warcraft: Orcs & Humans rulez. greatest strategy game ever. And the tesla coils in red alert are superb Smile

Anoop
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2008 - 15:18

kisana ine dja zwer Revenant?? ou bien Claw??? fran tou sa 2 zwer la trooooooo bon!!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatekv on Thu 3 Jul 2008 - 9:22

RTS Games....i just love them lol
my first initiation to this type of game was with Command and Conquer Tiberium Sun,then came red alert and bof all series of C&C,warcraft,starcraft,age of empires series,Dawn of War(Warhammer),Act of war,Age of mythology,Black and White,Caesar 3 & 4,Company of heroes,Zeus,Poseidon,Pharoah and for the time being am playing Settlers Rise Of An Empire.Well RTS games can sometimes become frustrating but i still like them cheers

ultimatekv
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 3 Jul 2008 - 11:53

What's RTS? scratch

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatekv on Thu 3 Jul 2008 - 22:08

RTS Games means Real Time Strategy games

ultimatekv
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 3 Jul 2008 - 22:10

Is there any difference between real-time strategy games and mere strategy games or are they the same thing?

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by visham on Fri 4 Jul 2008 - 6:32

p koz classification stategy games la. ena real time, turn-based (mari kriz gagner), mo pa kne enkor Razz azuter si ena. lol

visham
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimatekv on Fri 4 Jul 2008 - 9:15

yep mo croire bien ena juste sa 2 la Real time and Turned Based....

La difference c ke dans Real Time to bizin think and act quickly(more challenging),ena time limit,more realistic..whereas Turned based plutot boring kan to bizin atane chakun son tour pou zwer(ene lexemple plis facile c li couman ene zwer Chess)...au niveau game pc plis souvent to gaigne ene lespece map et to nek bizin prend bane decision..ayooo mo kpave malade ar sa style zwer la lol

Real Time Strategy games:Command & Conquer,Age of Empires,Company of heroes
Turned Based Strategy games:Civilization series,monopoly,chess

Hope u now understand a bit abt these two types of games Varun...dont hesitate to ask anything else Very Happy

ultimatekv
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top