The Wonder Kid's Corner

Hello,

You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to our topics.

By joining our community you will have the privilege to create your own topics, reply to others' messages, respond to polls and access many other special features.

Join our community instantly... Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free of spam!

Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions or contact the administrators regarding any issue.

Warm regards,

The Board Management Team

Laureate System

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laureate System

Post by Prithvi on Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 18:44

First topic message reminder :

Daprer zot loreat pou HSC pa bzin abolit sa dan Maurice? What are your views?

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Re: Laureate System

Post by Prithvi on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 20:05

Enh ok!
Enfin mo p rode dia some laureats plu précisement! Very Happy

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 20:23

euh some are just bookish and don't know social life!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 20:31

Akoz sa mem mne dia "educational fools"! Evil or Very Mad

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 20:34

be sa mem mone nek ine dir seki tone dir la ta!!!
so to doubt ine clear aster??

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 19:45

Kav dia!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 20:03

Prithvi wrote:Kav dia!
Please, go through this before you post anything next time.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhooree on Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 20:07

Jeet..pa vraimem..ena ki pa bookish ditou..they do hav social life n enjoy..it depends on proper time management..one can b brilliant in his studies n at d same time enjoy his social life.. Cool

Madhooree
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 20:11

Well, you may find them once in a blue moon, however most of the time you'll those bookish types of student! Neutral

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 12:41

wai i agree madhooree, but most are bookish as prithvi said!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhooree on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 19:26

Indeed..they are very few... Neutral

Madhooree
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 16:16

Yeah Madhooree very few just stick to their books only. Well, this system gives rise to discrimination. There are many teachers (especially in tuitions) who provide special tuition sessions for those who are competing...These students are provided with 'short-cut' techniques.

Something which irrirated me was the words "Don't show these techniques to your friends. You need to develop jealousy to face competition"...

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 19:43

Ah bon!
Ena osi 'short cut' techniques!
Sa mo pa ti koner!
Well, surely where there is competition you will certainly find discrimination!

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 20:28

Wii ena boku short cuts....surtou dan Accounts Smile

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 20:41

sa bezer sa, bann profs la hypocrite selman!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 21:48

Nusha Bundhoo wrote:Yeah Madhooree very few just stick to their books only.
Our laureate system for the HSC gives rise to lots of educated fools in our country and we have a clear-cut example of such a fool in this forum though she wasn't crowned as a laureate. She seems to go very far in her very own mind but she lacks what we call rationality, common sense and intelligence. The last time, I talked to her she told me she'll never come back here since she has already deleted her account. However, she's so dumb that she doesn't even realise she's still a member of this forum.

Some of you might see this statement of mine as a personal attack at her but I can't help it, I'm extremely allergic to educated fools. You can all judge my opinion by going through her posts.

Nusha Bundhoo wrote:Well, this system gives rise to discrimination. There are many teachers (especially in tuitions) who provide special tuition sessions for those who are competing...These students are provided with 'short-cut' techniques.
I don't really think we should mix private tuitions (if that's what you're referring to as tuition generally) with the laureate system and I guess that particular subject would be better discussed in another topic.

Nusha Bundhoo wrote:Something which irrirated me was the words "Don't show these techniques to your friends. You need to develop jealousy to face competition"...
I myself didn't know my CPE teacher made use of this teaching technique but I recently came to know about it (16 years later) and I felt so hurt that I no more greet him when I see him these days. He created discrimination among friends in my class giving rise to rival groups/clans.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Madhooree on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 22:28

There`s also ill competition where the students can do anything so as not to let others work better than them..i`ve heard of incidents in star schools where some students even stole the copybooks or books of their friends just before exams for them not to be able to revise... Shocked
This system had created much hypocrisy among students.. Mad

Madhooree
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 22:33

I can't believe that... I'm shocked! Shocked

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 8:36

Ok Varun, I do agree with you. Sometimes when I think of the years 2008 and 2009, I arrive to the conclusion that I did nothing apart from sticking to my books and attending tuitions. Even my brother used to tell me that I'm a fool. But it was the circumstances which forced me to become like this. At school, I was surrounded by competitors and the pressure from teachers as well as the rector was fierce. I was being taught only one thing - when you run, run for gold and when you strike, strike once.

Perhaps that a reason I still have a childish behaviour.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Abhishek on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 12:48

Expect nothing,live frugally on surprise.

Abhishek
Quiet Buddy
Quiet Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 14:23

Nusha Bundhoo wrote:I was being taught only one thing - when you run, run for gold and when you strike, strike once.
I don't think there's anything wrong with this way of moving forward but the way it is executed might be questionable.

Abhishek wrote:Expect nothing,live frugally on surprise.
I'm sure everybody would have appreciated a constructive and relevant response instead of this tasteless statement.

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 15:16

You made me recall my primary and secondary school days when my parents were constantly after me to learn 24/7 so that I could become like some of my friends who were always in the top five of the class. I remember being compared to other children who brought top marks and made their parents proud. Therefore, with average marks in primary school, I was a disgrace for the family.

I wasn't allowed to watch cartoons or movies for a long period of time even during holidays. I couldn't play whatever I wanted neither. All the time, I had to do educational stuffs which were boring.

In the end, I don't even remember when I enjoyed being a child or an adolescent. Somewhere, I blame the laureate system for that because my parents wanted my brother, my sister and me to become laureates. When my siblings couldn't make their dream come true, I was their last hope so I was deprived of all sorts of things only to make them happy.

Finally, when I could not achieve what they wanted, they blamed me for many things which they didn't like me doing such as spending 1 hour in front of the computer per day as time pass instead of studying. Till now, they didn't understand or don't want to understand that what they wanted wasn't what I enjoyed doing. Obviously, I couldn't fulfill their wishes because all the time I was forced to think what they wanted me to think or do what they wanted me to do. And, I hate people who impose on others. Rolling Eyes

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:15

well, mone blier ki system apel sa, seki ti ena pu bann primaires, mais letan moi mo ti p fer sixieme pa ti ena sa! so me i was spared by the situations you mentionedd guys!
though i was among the five tops in class, i used to help others if they had any problem! well i can say that i was fortunate to be in the class in which i was, everybody was friendly, there was no discrimination and if there was a fight , it was a simple one!
among the five tops, there was student who was not welcomed by the other students , he was one fellow bookish type, always looking for competition! yet he was not able to get to the first position!

well guys sa c'est kelke chose ke si ti ena lezot place ti pu extra bon, 1 classe kuma seki mone dir la!!!

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:17

Appel sa system ranking..Au fait kouma mn rente da CPE, sa system la ti abolish.

I think that it's our educational system itself which requires changes. It's too academic oriented. Starting from the primary school itself, children are forced to join in competition. Recently, I was shocked by the act done by my little cousin. He had to go through his CPE exams and when I asked him if ever he has completed his revision, he answered that he knew the contents of his books by heart. Afterwards I came to know that his parents had infact taken one week of holidays to make him do parrot learning.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:22

lol!
i guess so! because if the CPE ranking system is removed, it will be really nice!
you're right nusha, mo si ti p apran par coeur mais mo ti p balance mo la vie social osi! mo ti p gagne paress pu reviser ek pa ti p tro ecoute mo parents mem moi! Very Happy

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:25

The ranking system for CPE has already been removed ages ago, Jeet. What a Face

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prithvi on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:20

Eta Jeet pa swiv news ki?
Ene chance nepli ena lesson pu troisieme et quatrieme aster!
Pa pu fatigue sa ban piti!
Hey guys, don't you think that the fifth standard should have been named Lower CPE thus student might be more conscious about their exams since the fifth class! scratch

Prithvi
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 11:45

Mo pa kroir sa parski mo donn lesson 5eme et 6eme pou hindi ek mo trouvé komié pression bann paran koumans mété depi 5eme mem. Zot dir moi si zanfan la fer mové ou pa fer devoir, zot donn moi le droit pou donn enn clak, ki mo pa fer biensir.

Nepli ena lesson pou 4eme selman bann paran vinn siplié moi pou donn zot zanfan lesson depi 2nd ou 3eme mem. Bann paran la dir moi zot pena letan pou ed zot zanfan dan zot letid ou zot pa santi ki zot ena le savoir faire akoz sa zot rod enn prof ki kalifié pou assure l'avenir de zot zanfan.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeet on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 14:04

hmmm, ena bez sa! euh sneha eski bann zenfans la apran kuma bizin ar toi ou kuma dir to trouver zot ena tro buku pressions?

Jeet
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneha on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 15:18

Ena paran ki compran ki zot zanfan res sou pression dan lékol, alor zot konn balans activité extra scolaire avek l'étude dan lakaz. Sa bann zanfan la mo trouvé zot ena certenn stabilité ek continuité pou aprann dur parski zot paran konn ancourage zot dan enn bon fason. Ek paran la pou consey zanfan la ki bisin fer ek si li p mars lor enn mové simé, li prevenir li ki li p mal fer ek dan ki fason paran la trouvé zanfan la p mal fer. B zanfan la osi compran ki p arivé, kouma li bisin agir, kan bisin aprann ek kan kapav zué.

Par contre, ena ki telman res sou tension ki zot abriti pou tou ti zafer, zot malad souvan ek fodé met pression lor zot pou zot travay telman zonn plain ek sa lavi nek aprann la. Par la manyer zot paran kozé, monn compran ki paran la impoz so la loi de faire les choses kelke par. Par examp, c paran la ki pou desidé kan zanfan la pou manzé, boir, al toilet, guet tv, zoué. Zanfan pena mem liberté pou pran so prop decision. B kelke par, paran la pa realizé ki li p ampes sa zanfan la vinn responsable de li mem? Mad Sa irit moi, to koné.

Sneha
First Lady
First Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Nusha on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 16:27

Le temps mo ti dan primaire mo pa ti konner kieter sa revision. Mo ti p fer balle dan lesson et chaque fois prof ti p fer rapport ek mo mama ki mo derange class. Mo ti p fer homeworks vite vite pour ki mo kpv ale jouer ek mo ban cuzin. Sa lepok la mo ti p vivre dan 1 extended family et mo penser que c sa kin fer moi enjoy mo lenfance bien. Mais kan sa extended family la in kasser, mo trouve mo ti frere so lenfance different net. Next year, mo sire mo parents pour deborde li ek lesson malgre le fait ki piti la passe so la journer dan apprend.

Nusha
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 18:40

Ask your parents to read this topic. May be they would change their attitude afterwards. Wink

Varun
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:51

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top